Sirenas is a company with a validated drug discovery platform designed to bring unparalleled chemical diversity to high-value therapeutic areas. Our mission is to generate a proprietary and partnered pipeline of breakthrough drug leads. We have active programs in oncology and neglected diseases.
Drawing from our exclusive, highly curated collections of chemical diversity from all over the world, Sirenas employs deep informatics and next-generation chemistry to accelerate the development of structurally diverse molecules that address unmet needs in modern medicine. With our unique approach to lead identification, Sirenas presents novel molecular candidates that are pre-validated by billions of years of evolution in competitive environments. Our world-class team of synthetic and medicinal chemists, using cutting-edge approaches, quickly synthesizes these leads for advancement to the clinic.
Job Description: Discovery Chemistry Postdoctoral Position
We are seeking a highly self-motivated, energetic and creative Postdoctoral candidate for our Discovery Chemistry team with extensive experience in natural product chemistry. The desired applicant will have a thorough understanding of marine natural products. The candidate should have extensive experience with high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), purifying and handling minor quantities of material (nanomole-scale), NMR structure elucidation, and mass spectrometry. The desired candidate ideally has some experience with molecular networking and data analysis. The successful candidate should be comfortable working with a diverse team to build on and expand current knowledge and skill level in chromatography, mass spectrometry, chemical informatics, and data analysis and management.
- Marine natural product isolation and purification
- Structure elucidation using NMR spectroscopy and mass spectrometry
- Analyze and interpret experimental results
- Perform thorough data analysis with Sirenas marine fraction library
- Perform routine maintenance and calibration of lab equipment
- Document experimental procedures and results
- Present experimental data in internal and external meetingsRequirements
- PhD in analytical or bioorganic chemistry or related discipline with 0—2 years industry experience
- Proficient with mass spectrometry and HPLC
- Strong NMR spectroscopy skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Must work well in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
Interested? Contact:ÂTamara Schwent, Associate Director, Alliance and Program ManagementPhone:Â 858-909-5105Email: email@example.com