Job: Analytical Chemist
Global Algae Innovations is seeking an Analytical Chemist (TOC/TN). This position will
begin in early 2018 at our Kauai location.
Global Algae Innovations (GAI) is a leader in low cost algae production. GAI laboratory is located in Lihue and is equipped with state of the art laboratory equipment. GAI algae farm is located by Lihue power plant and is one of the most advance algae production facilities in the country.
Global Algae Innovations is seeking an analytical chemist who will develop, validate and execute TOC/TN analytical methods for water and biological samples. The candidate will also assist with development, validation and execution of other analytical methods including CHN analysis, ash free dry weight and colorimetric water analysis for phosphate, nitrate, ammonia and silica.
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Analytical Chemistry or other related scientific field
- Must have hands on experience with operation, trouble-shooting and optimizingTOC/TN analysis
- Ability to design, perform and interpret analytical tests
- Ability to develop SOPs and QAQC protocols
- Must have ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to think strategically and have the ability to use independentjudgment
- Must be able to walk around a lab and stand most of the day.
- Must be able to sit and use a computer for most of the day.
- Must be able to communicate via phone and email with colleges and business contacts daily.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Must be able to work weekend shifts, and extended hours.
TO APPLY: please submit your resume to email@example.com Global Algae Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer.