MRV Systems designs and manufactures a wide range of autonomous marine robotic vehicles. Most of our work is with small oceanographic profilers that can be air- or ship-deployed. We are a private company that serves a global market. MRV Systems is closely tied to research institutions and government agencies, both as suppliers and collaborators.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Engineering Technician. We are looking for a motivated professional who is experienced in electronics, mechanical systems, and experienced with standard laboratory equipment. Our oceanographic focus requires highly reliable products capable of operating autonomously for years in harsh environments. We are a small, dynamic company located in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego. We offer a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to grow with us. We strive to create an exciting, creative, and nurturing environment for our employees.
The Engineering Technician will be responsible for verifying and improving electromechanical system builds, testing and design validation, ballasting, and production support for MRV oceanographic products. This position requires a professional with related and relevant experience willing to contribute and support at all levels to rapidly become familiar with marine robotic vehicles. MRV provides the opportunity to work for a company with the ability to quickly adapt and implement innovative ideas and technology which are shaping the future of oceanographic research worldwide.
- Testing of electrical and electromechanical systems for new and existing products
- Interfacing with production to support product build and ballasting
- Validate electronics for new board builds
- Serve as core team member for test and validation on new and existing
- Debug and troubleshoot hardware using laboratory equipment
- Associates (AA) degree
- Relevant and related electronics and mechanical experience
- Excellent soldering skills with through hole and fine pitch SMD required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate
information effectively to external customers, managers, and technical
- U.S. citizen
- Hold or have the ability and willingness to obtain, a U.S. security
- Ocean engineering experience
- Willing and able to go to sea or to remote field sites for short periods
MRV Systems offers:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401(k) plan
- Vacation and paid sick leave
- Group health care plan including dental and vision
- Paid holidays
With interest contact Anthony Massa email@example.com