MRV Systems designs and manufactures a wide range of autonomous marine robotic vehicles. Most of our work is with small oceanographic profilers that can be air- or ship-deployed. We are a private company that serves a global market. MRV Systems is closely tied to research institutions and government agencies, both as suppliers and collaborators.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Mechanical Engineer. We are looking for a motivated professional who is experienced in mechanical design for operational products. Our oceanographic focus requires highly reliable products capable of operating autonomously for years in harsh environments. We are a small, dynamic company located in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego. We offer a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to grow with us. We strive to create an exciting, creative, and nurturing environment for our employees.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the design of various system modules, including robotic electromechanical assemblies and deep-sea pressure housings, for MRV oceanographic products from conception to successful production. Duties will include developing improvements on existing products, integration of additional capabilities, and leading the design and development of innovative, cutting-edge technology for new products. The focus will be on the development of new products and new technologies driven by increasing demand for scientific discoveries.
This position requires a professional with related and relevant experience willing to contribute and support at all levels to rapidly become familiar with marine robotic vehicles. MRV provides the opportunity to work for a company with the ability to quickly adapt and implement innovative ideas and technology which are shaping the future of oceanographic research worldwide.
- Design and development of mechanical systems for new and existing products
- Serve as core team member for projects and technical reviewer on new and existing designs
- Provide advanced application support to sales, marketing, proposal development, and customer service personnel as needed
- Possess an awareness of new and advanced technologies and their applicability to new product development
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Ocean Engineering
- Relevant and related mechanical design experience
- High-level of expertise in SolidWorks
- Perform finite element analysis (FEA) and modeling
- Must be well-versed in configuration management tools, product life cycle
management, and design for manufacturability techniques
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate
information effectively to external customers, managers, and technical
- U.S. citizen
- Hold or have the ability and willingness to obtain, a U.S. security
- Master of Science in Mechanical or Ocean Engineering
- Ocean engineering experience
- Willing and able to go to sea or to remote field sites for short periods
- Machine shop skills
MRV Systems offers:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401(k) plan
- Vacation and paid sick leave
- Group health care plan including dental and vision
- Paid holidays
With interest contact Anthony Massa firstname.lastname@example.org