Microbial Genetic Systems, Biologics Graduate Scholar
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Graduate Scholar, are to:
- Design, develop, and implement Microbiology and Molecular Biology methods for the characterization and genetic manipulation of fastidious bacterial isolate;
- Utilize scientific expertise and identify, evaluate, and develop new technological solutions for product development challenges;
- Provide analysis and feedback about experimental results to supervisors, highlighting important results and defining next step experiments;
- Develop assays and other experimental techniques using innovative technologies and implement in Biologics to further development efforts for project;
- Demonstrate knowledge of specialized laboratory and scientific techniques relative to area of expertise;
- Hold responsibility for lab equipment specific to research expertise, including maintenance. Hold responsibility for assigned lab areas;
- Coordinate and cooperate on research activities with peer and supervisors;
- Scout and interface with external service providers or outsourcing providers.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- MS in field of expertise plus one (1) year of relevant experience, or PhD with no relevant experience;
- Degree in Bioengineering, Microbiology, Microbial Genetics, or related field;
- Experience with bacterial culturing, transformation and manipulation, and state of the art cloning techniques and vector development;
- Research experience in field of expertise with a broad understanding of scientific principles;
- Ability to conceptualize, design, and execute experiments that address research questions;
- Proficiency with experimental design, statistical analysis, and scientific instrumentation;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary/multicultural research team;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills;
- Computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Phage Genetics and manipulation.
*Domestic relocation assistance may be provided.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States
Location: CA-West Sacramento