We are seeking a highly motivated, skilled, and detail-oriented analytical chemist to join our analytical operations team. The primary responsibilities of the new team member are to develop proper analytical methods to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis, evaluate compound QC, and characterize compounds of interest obtained from natural products or by organic synthesis. The successful candidate will also work with team members to develop best separation and purification methods to generate a pure/semi-pure natural product fraction library. The successful candidate is a self-starter, enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment, and is motivated to develop and apply new technologies to advance projects efficiently.
- Design and develop a variety of analytical methods using HPLC, UPLC, LCMS (Qtof, Tof, SQ) to support natural
- product drug discovery and development
- Routine sample testing for QC, method scouting, and qualitative/quantitative data analysis
- Develop/improve the separation and purification methods to generate a pure/semi-pure natural product fraction
- Characterize compound physicochemical properties such as LogP/LogD, pKa, solubility, chemical stabilities
- Maintenance of analytical instruments, including troubleshooting
- Prepare SOPs and other documents such as experimental protocols and reports
- Share responsibility for lab management duties
- Communicate progress directly with colleagues and managers
- Present experimental results and conclusions in internal and external meetings
- BS with 5+ years of industry experience or MS with 3+ years of experience in analytical, bioanalytical, pharmaceutical or natural products chemistry.
- Ability to follow established procedures under minimal supervision
- Proficient in acquisition/analysis of spectroscopic data via LC-DAD-ELSD-MS and LC‐MS/MS
- Experience in purification via prep-HPLC, combiflash, etc
- Hands-on experience with Chemstation and MassHunter is a plus, but not required
- Must work well in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
Sirenas aims to translate the high-value chemical language of the global microbiome – the microbial life existing in diverse ecosystems all over the world – into groundbreaking new discoveries for the most pressing unmet medical needs. Sirenas has uniquely combined this highly evolved chemical diversity with its Atlantis™ proprietary deep data mining technology and next-generation synthetic chemistry to create a fully integrated, rapid and validated approach to drug discovery. Sirenas drug discovery programs are focused on eliminating cancer through targeted therapy and immune modulation. Sirenas is headquartered in San Diego. For more information about Sirenas, please visit www.SirenasMD.com.
3550 General Atomics Ct Suite 02/211, San Diego, CA 92121