Natural Products Chemist
As a natural products chemist at Hexagon Bio, you will join the chemistry team, isolating and characterizing the new drugs being generated by Hexagon Bio’s novel synthetic biology pipeline. The Hexagon chemistry team is a small team of independent scientists, motivated to generate novel medicines.
- a PhD or equivalent experience in natural products / organic chemistry or a related field.
- extensive experience in large scale microbial cell culture, preferably of fungal species.
- extensive experience in the isolation of small amounts of material (100μg-10mg) from multi-liter microbial cultures
- extensive experience with automated tools for the analysis of LC/MS data, such as XCMS
- extensive experience in compound characterization using both 1D and 2D NMR techniques
- experience in assaying the bioactivity of natural products
- deep understanding of natural product biosynthesis
- experience coding in python and R
- willingness to interface with lab automation systems
- an interest in drug development and biotech
- the flexibility to work at the early stages of a startup
For more information visit: http://www.hexagonbio.com/#jobs