Job description online: https://jobs.lever.co/jupiterintel/151457c9-5e48-457e-91b6-5c2f3ec12c78
Catastrophic Risk Modeler
ALL – SAN MATEO, CA | BOULDER, CO | NEW YORK
Jupiter provides data and analytics services to customers to better predict and manage risks from naturally occurring disasters and effects of climate change across the globe. Our company is comprised of a dynamic team of experienced executives, successful entrepreneurs, and world-class scientists and engineers. Together, we will help customers utilize Jupiter’s solutions in an effort to make the world a better, safer place. Come be a part of our exciting journey! Salary commensurate with experience.
This position is in a fast-growing company created to meet the global demand for local climate and weather information to protect and develop assets, and to manage risk in operations. You will work with data scientists, physical scientists, and software engineers to implement, interpret, and scale hydrologic and hydraulic modeling capabilities globally, with an emphasis on urban areas. An exceptional scientific and technical staff, with experience in environmental modeling, impacts, and machine learning will be part of the team deploying models in an elastic computing environment.
- Working at the intersection of extreme weather events, global climate change, natural and man-made topography and data sciences, the candidate will work within Jupiter’s products team to connect our breakthrough climate and weather driven risk analytics products to industry use cases across FiServ, Insurance and Asset Management. Work with us to pioneer the next generation of catastrophic risk modeling.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing direct point of contact customer support on the full range of model-related questions and requests
- Building and delivering client training sessions for Jupiter products
- Internal model change management projects
- Delivering change impact reports on client portfolios and other client-related model acceptance and validation work
- Internal education initiatives both within the Products team and across client facing teams
- Onboarding and educating new team members
- Product functional and use case testing and feedback provision
- Reviewing model related documentation
- Travel requirements : Minimal
- Possess a BS/MS/PhD or equivilant degree in one of the following disciplines or a related field:
- Earth Sciences (Geology, Geophysics, Seismology etc.)
- Climate Sciences (Meteorology, Hydrology, Oceanography etc.)
- Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering
- Minimum 5 years cat modeling experience with major catastrophe models, including RMS, AIR and EQECAT
- R, Python and/or SQL programming skills
- Knowledge of both insurance and reinsurance is a plus
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Team work
- Willingness and adaptability to learn and execute new concepts and technologies
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to us to see if there might be a great fit.