Apply on LinkedIN: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/979859545/
Are you a scientist or engineer that wants to do more? Do you want to get involved with more innovative projects? Do you want to travel to more conferences, visit really cool labs and connect with great people? Do you want to throw really accurate and valuable equipment into the ocean, out of a plane, or strapped to the back of a robot – perhaps never to be seen again? Do you want to have a fun career while doing meaningful work to make a difference to people and the planet?
We are seeking a creative and outstanding West Coast Technical Sales Manager to support our customers and continue to fuel our rapid growth. The ideal location would be British Columbia, Seattle, or southern California; working from a home office or creating a satellite RBR office close to a key customer group. You will be joining a great team of respected technical sales and engineering professionals in this fantastic opportunity for personal and professional growth, and to make a difference to the future of our world.
RBR has a rich 45 year history as a privately-owned Kanata, Ontario based company that is continuing to experience strong growth. We have achieved 20% annual growth over the last five years and, with your help, we expect this to continue as we overtake the market leader and expand our product line and international reach. RBR has been recognized twice as one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by Growth 500 and has won a Best Ottawa Business Award.
Come join us! We provide a balanced work environment complete with a competitive compensation package including bonus and benefits.
Now that we have you interested, take a look at the required key responsibilities and qualifications.
- Executes the full technical sales cycle, including:
- Prospecting new business opportunities
- Setting up and managing customer meetings
- Responding to customer inquiries
- Presenting unique, competitive capabilities of relevant instrumentation
- Writing basic quotations as well as complex proposals
- Following up all communications
- Engage in collaborative projects with customers and present results at technical conferences
- Develop and host technical workshops for academic and commercial customers
- Travel approximately one week each month to customer meetings, conferences and workshops
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in oceanography, marine science, engineering or related field
- Three years relevant scientific research, engineering, or technical sales experience in North America
- Experience collecting and analyzing ocean science data
- Energetic personality and confidence when approaching new people and organizations to forge new relationships
- Confident public speaking, demonstrated technical writing, and ability to develop and present information in a clear and compelling manner
- Motivated self-starter with drive to pursue new areas and gain understanding
- Integrity and ethical approach in decision-making, communications, and actions
- Excellent command of the English language (oral and written)
- Must demonstrate “Sales DNA” is in your blood
To apply, please prepare a cover letter that references RBR, how you are uniquely qualified for this role, what makes you exceptional and what will make you an outstanding part of the RBR team.
We are also open to applicants who currently live in or desire to work from Seattle, WA or Vancouver, BC.