Senior Scientist, B cell & Hybridoma Antibody Cloning, 4723706
BioMedicine Design’s Endogenous Antibody Discovery Group is seeking a Sr Scientist to drive VH-VL molecular cloning of antibodies identified in therapeutic antibody discovery campaigns. The candidate will be primarily responsible for implementing established workflows to clone large panels of lead antibody candidates derived from immunizations and generated in hybridomas in a high throughput environment. The candidate will also take a leading role in technology development in the area of molecular cloning of antibodies. The selected candidate will work in close coordination with Endogenous Antibody Discovery Group scientists to coordinate molecular cloning workflows with all group antibody discovery efforts. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in some of the following areas:
- VH-VL molecular cloning of antibodies from hybridomas and primary B cells
- Experience with antibody discovery from primary B cells, including antibody isolation with in vitro methods and B cell repertoire analysis using Next Generation Sequencing
- Deep knowledge of Molecular Immunology, including mechanisms of immunoglobulin gene rearrangement and somatic hypermutation
- Evaluation of antibody molecular cloning methods, including use of automation
- Experience with transient expression of antibody clones, including cells employed, methods and molecular design of expression vectors.
- Implement established molecular cloning workflows in coordination with multiple therapeutic projects
- Identify, propose and test new methods to streamline and automate molecular cloning of antibodies
- Optimize transient expression of antibody clones
- Prepare and deliver detailed presentations, both written and verbal, to project teams
- Effective communication and coordination of work in highly matrixed project team environment
PhD in Molecular Immunology specifically with experience in B cell biology strongly preferred but other experience in Immunology and Molecular Biology would be considered. Biotherapeutic lead generation through cell-based methods, antibody cloning, and B cell repertoire analysis using Next Generation Sequencing desired. Other experience with Next Generation Sequencing would be considered. Use of integrated laboratory automation highly desirable.
- Eligible for relocation package
- Eligible for employee referral bonus
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Interested Candidates please apply at: https://pfizer.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PfizerCareers/job/United-States—Massachusetts—Cambridge/Senior-Scientist—Antibody-Discovery_4723706-1