Teledyne Marine has a fantastic opportunity for a Field Service Engineer/Certified Hydrographic Surveyor who will represent the company with the technical knowledge and skills to provide the highest levels of support, providing our customers with innovative solutions. This position will be based in the Daytona Beach, Florida area. Other locations may be considered, based upon qualifications.
Teledyne Marine is a group of leading-edge undersea technology companies that have been assembled by Teledyne Technologies Incorporated. Through acquisitions and collaboration, over the past 10 years Teledyne Marine has evolved into an industry powerhouse, bringing the best of the best together under a single umbrella. With technologies divided into 5 core segments; Imaging, Instruments, Interconnect, Seismic and Vehicles, Teledyne Marine staff can address not only brand level solutions, but turn-key, customized systems that leverage our full range of technology. Our goal is to provide one-stop purchasing capability, worldwide customer support, and the technical expertise to solve our customer’s toughest challenges. A Sea of Solutions…..One Supplier.
Teledyne offers a competitive salary and incentive plan, excellent benefits package, including, medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, business travel accident insurance, 401(k), employee stock purchase program, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program, educational reimbursement program and paid vacation and sick leave.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
First line of support providing same-day response for customer-support related calls and emails during normal working hours. Provides onsite, field service support through the performance of installations, upgrades, repairs, and maintenance of complex equipment and systems. May also provide work leadership and train internal employees. Assesses and responds to situations where standard procedures have failed in isolating or fixing problem equipment or software. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Determines critical methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs sonar installations, including configuration and set up of sonar software.
- Performs tests on fully integrated Hydrographic survey solutions (i.e, Sea Trials, Harbor acceptance tests and Sea acceptance tests).
- Trains customers in the operation of hydrographic equipment.
- Conducts demonstrations for customers in the use of underwater technology equipment.
- Conducts pre-deployment planning with customers for onsite installation of equipment and follows established testing procedures to ensure proper working order.
- Conducts on-site commissioning and training.
- Trains customer personnel and possible OEM dealers in equipment operation and maintenance responsibilities.
- Provides intermediate to advanced troubleshooting and repairing technical support to customers, as required – particularly as related to new product introduction.
- Provides same-day response for customer-support related calls and emails during normal working hours.
- Develops and delivers technical presentations utilizing a strong knowledge of company products.
- Facilitates resolution of intermediate technical challenges.
- Travel up to 60%, worldwide, required to provide onsite seminars, demonstrations and training to lead commissioning services.
- Assigned to the 24/7 after-hours support hot lines on a rotational basis.
- Daily availability, to include evenings and weekends when necessary, to reach goals and deadlines.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline, plus 5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is required.
- Certified Hydrographic Surveyor is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully troubleshoot and conduct data analysis.
- Understands and applies Electronic and/or Acoustic principals and laws.
- Must be able to read and analyze electronic schematics, bills of material and engineering drawings.
- Experienced writing reports and correspondence to a variety of reader types including customers, engineering personnel and company managers.
- Experienced speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization in presentations, training and Q&A seminar.
- Proficient in use of computer with MS Office Suite of programs.
- Ability to use hand tools and diagnostic equipment, including Imaging products.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 60%.