- Requisition ID 2019-9960
- Company Name Teledyne RD Instruments
- Shift 1st Shift – Day
- Citizenship/Visa Requirement
- US Citizen/US National/Perm Resident/ Asylee/Refugee
Teledyne Marine is a group of leading-edge subsea technology companies that are part of Teledyne Technologies Incorporated. Through acquisitions and collaboration over the past ten years, Teledyne Marine has evolved into an industry powerhouse, bringing Imaging, Instruments, Interconnect, Seismic, and Vehicle technology together to provide total solutions to our customers. Each Teledyne Marine company is a leader in its respective field, with a shared commitment to providing premium products backed by unparalleled service and support.
Teledyne Marine sales staff can address not only brand level solutions, but turn-key, customized systems that leverage our full range of technology. Our goal is to provide one-stop purchasing capability, world-wide customer support, and the technical expertise to solve your toughest challenges.
A Sea of Solutions… One Supplier.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Firmware Engineer plays a vital role in the design and development of new and existing embedded software products for underwater applications. Activities include designing, implementing and testing of new products, as well as troubleshooting and maintaining existing products. This position designs and develops feature-rich embedded software, under the constraints of high quality, high reliability, high performance, low power and unattended operation, for best-in-class products for the marine instrument, vehicle and equipment markets.
Works under general supervision to provide creative, practical and consistent technical solutions. Has a thorough understanding of technical standards, principles, theories and techniques with the ability to apply these to a broad set of applications. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action; a certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Designs and develops embedded software in C++ and C for new and existing products
- Serves as a core team member on medium and large projects
- Executes test plans, analysis and reports/logs results
- Serves as technical reviewer on new and existing designs
- Provides advanced application support to sales, marketing and customer service personnel, as needed
- Possesses an awareness of new and advanced technologies and their applicability to Teledyne products
- Proposes concepts and improvements for new and existing designs and techniques
This position does not supervise other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Physical Science or related technical field
- A minimum of 2 years of industry or academic experience in the development of embedded systems
- A minimum of 2 years of industry or academic experience with C/C++ on embedded operating systems, including kernel, BSP and driver development
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Requires occasional work in a marine environment on a small boat or larger vessel
- Industry knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work safely around test tanks and electrical current
- Excellent analytical and math skills
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills at a business level