The Climate Science Alliance is seeking an exceptional and resourceful individual to join our
team in San Diego as a Science Program Manager. The ideal candidate is highly organized, has
experience in project management, and the ability to work with diverse stakeholders around
climate change science and solutions. This position is an exciting opportunity to join a growing
team working on cutting edge climate adaptation strategies that will create lasting benefits for
our region and across the globe. The Science Program Manager will report to the Director and
has three primary focal areas:
• Coordinating programmatic activities
• Organizing and managing events designed to engage scientists and community members
• Supporting communications activities including: Developing and maintaining relationships essential to execute our collaborative strategies, grant development, and report writing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Project Management
• Coordinate programmatic activities for the Climate Science Alliance’s Tribal Workgroup and Connecting Wildlands and Communities (CWC) project.
• Develop individual work plans to meet grant and project goals and deliverables.
• Coordinate volunteers, partners, and logistics for day-to-day implementation of projects, ensuring that program objectives and project deliverables are completed successfully, on-time, and within budget.
o Project activities include but are not limited to events, trainings, educational presentations to the public or partners, overseeing logistics and communication for workgroups, and coordination and management of events.
• Support the development of science translation tools and materials for the CWC project
including coordinating stakeholder convening’s and targeted outreach via webinars, surveys, and group meetings.
For more information visit: