Please visit for information and to apply: https://www.bluenalu.com/careers
Chief Financial Officer
BlueNalu, Inc. is a rapidly-growing, San Diego-based company that is pioneering the production of seafood products derived directly from fish cells. Using proprietary cell biology techniques and engineering processes, BlueNalu’s platform technology can produce a wide array of value-added seafood products, that are healthy for people, humane for sea life, and sustainable for our planet. Our products will be great tasting, trusted, safe, and free of mercury and environmental contaminants.
BlueNalu is seeking a Chief Financial Officer that will be an integral member of the Company’s executive team. BlueNalu has achieved considerable strategic, technical and operational milestones since its formal launch over 18 months ago. The Company has also attracted considerable financing to date, from strategic and financial sources across the globe, and the CFO will play a key role in the development and implementation of the Company’s future financings.
In addition to capital strategy, the CFO will also have direct P&L responsibility, and will oversee BlueNalu’s financial management and reporting, risk management, corporate governance, and will have functional responsibility for legal, HR, IT, and corporate fiscal needs. The CFO will also contribute to the leadership team’s strategic decision-making process and will be responsible for the establishment of best-in-class financial systems and associated key performance indicators.
Extensive travel may be required, both domestically and internationally.
The CFO will be based in San Diego, CA, and report directly to the President & CEO. Responsibilities of this position will include hands-on oversight, direction, execution and/or support of the following functions:
- Corporate financing, including strategic development and implementation of future BlueNalu financings, utilizing the global network of financial and strategic investors and partners that the Company has established to date.
- Investor relations, including financial communications to existing and potential investors, investor documentation, management of Company Data Room for investor materials, financial reporting to the Board of Directors, and other fiduciary requirements of the Corporation.
- Corporate Governance and Legal, including working with our external legal firms regarding corporate documentation, negotiation and management of facility and equipment leases, contracts, MOU’s, NDA’s, trademarks, patents, etc.
- Financial operations, including financial modeling and reporting, capital financing, annual and quarterly budgeting, proforma modeling and development, cash management, banking relationships, receivables, payables, and internal controls and systems. In addition, the CFO will work closely with our external accounting firm and consultants regarding federal and state tax preparation and plans for audited financials.
- Human resources, including HR policies and third-party providers, personnel onboarding, annual review methodology, payroll, compensation packages and fringe benefits.
- Corporate IT and risk management, including short and long-term needs for business insurance, security, hardware, software, and networking needs for each of the various functions of the Company.
- Business development, including the assessment and financial viability of new business opportunities both domestically and globally, and strategies for non-dilutive capital for facility construction, scientific research or related strategic needs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous position(s) as a VP Finance or CFO preferred, with 10+ years leadership experiences in finance.
- MBA with specialization in Finance, Accounting, or a related field, and CPA preferred.
- Diversified background in the food industry, biotechnology sector, and/or the manufacturing of consumer-packaged goods preferred.
- Prior experience successfully leading fundraising efforts, ideally at a growth stage company, managing and coordinating all legal and financial aspects, and identifying and implementing corporate processes and controls that will be required through each growth phase.
- Established global relationships with financial community preferred, with experiences in capital raising at all levels.
- Expertise in capital strategy and debt financing, and the development and implementation of strategies for financing large-scale manufacturing facilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and organizational skills, with impeccable attention to detail, and strong professional written and verbal communication skills and negotiation abilities.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately and adjust rapidly to shifting priorities and variable workloads.
- Knowledge of state, federal and international financial regulations.
BlueNalu, Inc. provides an attractive compensation and benefits package.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US, and willing and able to work a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the Company. BlueNalu is an employment opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small but quickly growing company where everybody’s contribution is equally important. BlueNalu is seeking team players that aredriven, focused, creative, proactive and productive, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. We are also seeking team members that enjoy and thrive in the atmosphere of a very fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, have a good sense of humor, and are personally motivated to make a difference to humanity and our planet.
Additional information about BlueNalu can be found on our website at www.bluenalu.com