For more information visit: https://www.indeedjobs.com/blue-nalu-inc/jobs/ddd0c5292ad4ff7aa443
BlueNalu, Inc. is a fast-growing, San Diego-based company that is pioneering the production of cell-based seafood products. Using proprietary cell biology techniques and engineering processes, BlueNalu’s platform technology can produce a wide array of value-added seafood products, that are healthy for people, humane for animals, and sustainable for the planet. Our products will not contain mercury, microplastics or other contaminants, and do not require genetic modification.
The Project Manager (“PM”) is a full-time position at BlueNalu, Inc. located in San Diego. The PM will work with R&D, Product Development, Engineering, Regulatory, and Marketing Managers to support and deliver process excellence in the development and release of new commercial food products. This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer and will work cross-functionally to anticipate and mitigate risks to ensure projects succeed on all 3 constraints (scope, budget and schedule).
- Guide one or more multi-functional core projects from concept through completion including scope definition, execution, development of design controls and systems, reporting and tracking, which lead to the efficient transfer of product from R&D, to manufacturing, and to global marketing to achieve project closure and product market commercialization.
- Coordinates closely with various disciplines within R&D, Engineering, Product Development, Quality, Regulatory, Manufacturing and Marketing, and helps assemble project plans and objectives.
- Co-develops project milestones and key performance indicators for core projects with the appropriate functional manager, and drives achievement within each.
- Establish and manage the PMO, including standard procedures and project business processes
- Develops, monitors and controls the execution of project tasks, deliverables, dependencies and resource requirements.
- Exhibits professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices, to drive productivity.
- Provides continuity and clarity in an otherwise complex planning and delivery process through well-defined project plans, and suggests appropriate risk-mitigation measures and project changes when needed.
- Holds project team members accountable by focusing on the right metrics, milestones and key performance indicators, by tracking results and creating transparent reviews, through individual and group project planning meetings with a defined agenda, meeting minutes and review of action items with respective owners.
- Develops, compiles, and maintains program documentation, Gantt charts, data tracking and reporting systems, and dashboards.
- Communicates and keeps stakeholders informed on the project status of work completion and possible risks relative to scheduled deadlines and milestones,
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related engineering or science field is required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10 years of hands on experience managing projects and/or programs in pharmaceutical, biotech, or food GMP manufacturing.
- Must have experience managing projects related to the manufacturing of a product; Food industry and FDA experience is a plus.
- Completion of project management training and/or certification, PMP preferred
- Familiar with structured phase-gate product development and portfolio management processes.
- Demonstrated impact of implementing process improvement projects.
- Ability to address complex situations and effectively manage resources to maximize project team progress.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word)
- Advanced experience with schedule management and dashboarding in Smartsheet a plus (resource loaded Gantt, critical path/chain)
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced setting and perform in diverse contexts
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation and meeting management skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently and as an active member and leader with global teams including time-zone flexibility
- Ability to influence others without having authority over them, and lead and motivate others to action
- Collaborative, both vertically within diverse teams and horizontally throughout the organization
BlueNalu, Inc. provides an attractive compensation and benefits package.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US, and willing and able to work a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the Company. BlueNalu, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small but quickly growing company where everybody’s contribution is equally important. BlueNalu is seeking team players that are driven, focused, creative, proactive and productive, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. We are also seeking team members that enjoy and thrive in the atmosphere of a very fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, have a good sense of humor, and are personally motivated to make a difference to humanity and our planet.
To learn more, visit: www.bluenalu.com