For more information visit: https://www.indeedjobs.com/blue-nalu-inc/jobs/246710d8bb1a5471ba7a
Research Associate, Cell Culture Media Development
BlueNalu, Inc. is a fast-growing, San Diego-based company that is pioneering the production of seafood products derived directly from fish cells. Using proprietary cell biology techniques and engineering processes, BlueNalu’s platform technology can produce a wide array of value-added seafood products, that are healthy for people, humane for animals, and sustainable for the planet. Our products will contain no mercury, micro-plastics or other contaminants, and do not require genetic modification.
BlueNalu is a San Diego based startup company that is pioneering the process for producing seafood products derived from “cellular aquaculture”. We are using cutting edge stem cell technologies and advanced bioprocessing methods.
At BlueNalu you will change the way healthy seafood is produced. It will be sustainable and environmentally friendly. Candidates should be highly motivated and must be familiar with stem cell culture methods and growth media development. The successful candidates will join a small team where everybody’s contribution is equally important.
· Assist in the design and execution of experiments using sound scientific principles to optimize cell culture media.
· Develop working knowledge of cell culture raw materials to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements including all aspects of media preparations.
· Perform statistical analysis on characterization/validation data.
· Influence and assist in the management of efficient Design of Experiments (DOE) in order to generate Design.
· Timely and thorough documentation and completion of laboratory notebooks.
· Performance of general laboratory tasks, including maintenance of equipment.
· Follow Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to all safety and company policies.
· Experience working in a self-driven, performance/results oriented, fast paced matrix environment.
· Experience in preparation of raw materials for cell culture media and chemicals and handling.
· Strong aseptic techniques.
· Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in the use of automated cell culture robotic hardware and software. Training or interest in automation software and hardware systems is a plus.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively work in cross functional teams, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects.
· Strong working experience in culture, cell-based assay, and live imaging and fluorescence microscopy.
· Strong scientific and technical writing and presentations.
· Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Flexibility to work rotating weekend shifts.
· Working knowledge of statistical software (JMP, Graphpad) is preferred.
· Sense of humor.
Qualifications & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences (i.e. virology or biochemistry) with at least 3 years of working experience in relevant areas, or a M.S. degree in Biological Sciences with at least 1 years of relevant working experience.
· Industry experience preferred.
BlueNalu, Inc. provides an attractive compensation and benefits package.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US, and willing and able to work a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the Company. BlueNalu, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small but quickly growing company where everybody’s contribution is equally important. BlueNalu is seeking team players that are driven, focused, creative, proactive and productive, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. We are also seeking team members that enjoy and thrive in the atmosphere of a very fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, have a good sense of humor, and are personally motivated to make a difference to humanity and our planet.
To learn more, visit: www.bluenalu.com