ThayerMahan is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our tight-knit but growing software team. Our R&D team is building software solutions to derive actionable insights from our global fleet of unmanned ocean surface vehicles collecting acoustic and electronic data. Software efforts range from a combination of front-end and back-end development in support of web applications to embedded Linux and microcontroller applications. We’re hiring a developer that can work on features from concept through to delivery. Ideal candidates can design and implement end-to-end solutions using on-premises and cloud-based technology, by working with customers and fellow developers to design features and develop the code.
Full-time remote work is acceptable although proximity to Groton, CT is preferred.
· Design and develop new user-facing features and prototypes.
· Maintain and improve existing features and codebases.
· Build reusable code and libraries that others can leverage and build upon.
· Ensure the technical feasibility of proposed designs.
· Optimize code for maximum speed and scalability.
· Collaborate with team members to build attractive and usable solutions.
· Teach and mentor others through code review and pair programming.
- Desire to be part of a high-functioning, close-knit team and can mix and match capabilities within the team.
· Has experience designing large features, and leading projects.
· Can effectively communicate and enjoys collaborating with peers.
· Can quickly learn new/unfamiliar technologies and is excited to teach others.
· Thrives when given autonomy.
· Interested in understanding and solving problems that stretch across engineering disciplines.
· Preference for working in fast-paced agile environments and for action over passivity when faced with ambiguous problem sets.
- US Citizen and able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
· Experience with frameworks and technologies such as Flask, Angular, PostgreSQL, and AWS.
· Experience with disciplined software development using Git and GitLab.
· Experience with the Linux operating system on embedded systems.
· Experience with real-time operating systems, and applied control system programming.
· Experience with unmanned frameworks such as Pixhawk, MOOS or ROS.
· Experience with the design of distributed systems.
· Experience with software security standards and implementation for government customers.
For more information and application submission, please contact Richard Hine, Chief Operating Officer at email@example.com