Customer Service Engineer
EdgeTech – West Wareham, MA
EdgeTech is a leading manufacturer of underwater technology solutions. The company is known worldwide for its high-quality products which include side scan sonars, sub-bottom profilers, bathymetry systems, AUV and ROV-based sonar systems, combined and customized solutions. In addition to the full line of underwater survey products, EdgeTech provides reliable USBL systems, transponder beacons, deep sea acoustic releases, shallow water and long-life acoustic releases, MRUs and customized underwater acoustic command and control systems. To learn more about EdgeTech, please go to our website at www.edgetech.com.
EdgeTech offers excellent benefits such as health insurance, dental insurance, 401k with match.
The Customer Service Engineer position reports directly to the Customer Service Manager. The ideal candidate will be someone who possesses excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), is technically proficient with strong problem-solving skills, detail oriented, well organized, and proactive.
Customer Service Engineer – Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Consistently provide exceptional, industry-leading service and support to ensure that customer satisfaction is at the highest level possible.
- Provide technical support for resolution of customer problems, requests, and queries.
- Conduct onsite training, demonstrations, system support, and installations domestically and internationally as required (travel less than 25% of the time).
- Respond to and follow up on aftermarket inquiries, including quote generation.
- Support the 24/7 customer service phone hotline as part of a rotation with other members of the Customer Service Group.
- Issue Return Material Authorization (RMA) for equipment to be returned to EdgeTech for evaluation and repair.
- Provide feedback to the customer on the status of their RMA until the equipment has shipped back to the customer and they are satisfied with the return.
- Ensure that products are evaluated and repaired in a timely fashion.
- Assist the Repair Department by performing evaluations and repairs of equipment.
- Prepare Repair Reports to inform the customer of our findings from the evaluation including the cost of repair.
Customer Service Engineer Qualifications:
- A relevant Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent industry experience in lieu of college degree.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills involving complex electronic equipment.
- Hydrographic background and/or applications knowledge of Sonar Systems is preferred.
- Proficient in EdgeTech’s Discover acquisition software as well as third party software packages (i.e. Hypack, SonarWiz, Caris, QPS) is ideal, but not required.