Location: West Wareham, MA
Position: Full Time
For more than 50 years, EdgeTech has been the industry leader in the design and manufacture of advanced underwater sonar systems for applications involving seabed survey, target detection, object identification, mooring instrumentation, and acoustic tracking/positioning. Our products are used to support a variety of customers, from offshore oil and gas, to fisheries/science/underwater research, defense, and police/fire search and rescue.
- Primary responsibility is to work closely with mechanical and transducer engineers to assemble and test prototype electro-acoustic transducers with minimal supporting documentation
- Assist in documenting transducer designs to include Work Instructions, Acceptance Tests, and Assembly drawings
- Perform underwater electro-acoustic measurements on prototype transducers, collect test data and analyze results
- Support manufacturing by training technicians in assembly and test procedures for new product and provide support for existing product.
- Assist in the generation of ECRs and associated revision of CAD, Excel or Word documents in support of ECRs.
- Good electronic skills and proficiency in the use of test equipment including DVMs, oscilloscopes, function generators, etc.
- Must have manual dexterity and the ability to build with small components using solder, epoxies, and adhesives.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to follow precise instructions.
- Experience with MS Word and Excel; experience with basic CAD tools like Visio are desired
- Must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident