1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Responsible for the management of a subset of SonTek Products. Duties include development, execution and achievement of annual business plan, strategic planning, distribution support, Regional Sales Manager support, product management, marketing communications management, and execution of major initiatives as required.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Development, execution and achievement of annual business plan for select SonTek products.
- Working with teams across Xylem Analytics to implement synergy plans as directed.
- Effectively manage staff, one direct report, to ensure achievement of objectives and identified personnel development opportunities.
- Direct MarCom team on the development of technical marketing materials, presentations sales tools, webinars, web content, product literature, and sales lead generation programs.
- Train and support global sales teams on products, applications and unique selling propositions.
- Work with Regional Sales Directors review current distribution strategy and recommend changes to achieve growth in the region.
- Create new sales opportunities through proactive efforts with major customers and continuous marketing intelligence gathering.
- Develop global launch strategy for new products.
- Analyze pricing strategy and make recommendations.
- Conduct thorough competitive analysis and recommend competitive positioning.
- Conduct customer seminars/workshops.
- Identify and quantify new product opportunities, work with R&D team on new product development projects and economic models.
- Work closely with Purchasing and Operations to forecast and adjust sales volumes.
- Work with Operations and Purchasing to ensure product lines meet margin goals and identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Ability to perform as both a strategic thinker and tactical planner as a collaborative member of the marketing team.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or equivalent in Business and/or relevant Science (physics, math, oceanography, earth science (geology/hydrology)).
- 2-5 years experience in a role as product manager for a scientific instrument manufacturer OR
- 2-5 years experience operating acoustic Doppler instruments or similar.
- Disciplined individual contributor as well as team player
- Adaptable to a fast pace Business environment
- Open to international travel and outdoor work in remote areas. Up to 50% travel once COVID restrictions have ended.
- Advanced degree in applicable Science and/or Business management.
- Experience with acoustic Doppler current meters for measuring water velocity and flow.
- Experience with SonTek instruments or similar.
- Experience making and/or reviewing open channel discharge measurements using acoustic or other devices/methods.
- Experience with the regulations and standard operating procedures required for open channel discharge measurements.
- Experience making and/or reviewing/processing oceanographic water velocity measurements using acoustic instruments.
- Product Management experience with scientific instrumentation – preferably hydrologic or oceanographic.
- Combination of engineering or technical science and business management experience preferred.
- Fluency (speak/read/write) in another language. Any language considered positively. Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, Korean, would be the most advantageous.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- International travel. Long flights and car travel required and the ability to work outdoors in a variety of conditions.
- Ability to lift and carry field gear up to 50lbs.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office computer work and outdoor field work to include, river discharge measurements, measurement demonstrations, boat trips on lakes, rivers and ocean for demonstration.
- International travel for meetings, demonstrations and exhibitions – must be adaptable to working while on the road. Airports, hotels exhibition halls etc.