What do we do?
From the Mariana Trench, the deepest point on earth, to the coastline and anywhere in-between, we make the impossible possible through our continuous passion for innovation. That innovation comes from our greatest asset: our people. They design, engineer and manufacture technologies that are enabling our customers to discover, navigate, measure, detect and communicate in the toughest environment on earth: our oceans. We’ve been actively developing the technology to make the oceans accessible for nearly 50 years and we’re only just getting started…
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Sales Coordinator/Administrator who has worked in a technical commercial environment. The jobholder will provide accurate and timely sales information including sales enquiries, product specifications, price data, performance metrics, sales progress updates, sales meeting minutes etc., utilising Company systems e.g. CRM and liaising with technical/commercial and business support staff across Sonardyne global operations, satisfying the requirements of all customers both internal and external.
Supporting from an internal sales point of view sales activity including: customer calls and emails, monitoring quotation activity, CRM, direct selling of some products and services, support of sales managers worldwide in their efforts of selling, e-commerce activity, lead generation including liaising and support with marketing activity, selling activities and promotional work towards strategic direction of markets, regional offices and head office.
- To provide comprehensive, accurate and timely product-related technical information to internal commercial staff, including product features, capabilities, applications etc., spanning the full Sonardyne product range, in order for customer facing staff to respond to external customer requirements and progress sales etc.
- To forward external customer telephone, email and some website-generated sales enquiries to the correct Regional Sales Office, accompanied by supporting data where appropriate, in order to answer customer enquiries including technical specifications, pricing or general sales information covering the full Sonardyne product range.
- To collate information, make recommendations and, once agreed, communicate product/system prices, or price alterations, to internal commercial staff for complex technical product requirements, new parts, new products etc., ensuring all Company systems e.g. Syspro, CRM etc., reflect the changes and updates in a timely manner.
- To coordinate with other members of the Internal Sales team the distribution of the weekly UK Management Meeting Minutes pack, checking accuracy and clarity of Minutes content, agreeing final version of Minutes with Senior Management, attaching relevant Sales Reports and ensuring post-meeting amendments are circulated. Occasional taking of the minutes may also be required.
- To report the sales progress, as reported via CRM, with Regional Sales Office representatives worldwide prior to weekly Teams meeting reviews, updating CRM entries with relevant data and highlighting issues/trends to the Internal Sales Manager for discussion/debate.
- To produce, agree and circulate Meeting minutes/notes for sales/business development focussed events e.g. forecasting meetings, KPI reviews, price review meetings etc.
- To collate and prepare sales performance information/data e.g. KPI tracking, dashboard data, CRM data integrity audits, forecasting variances, Regional Office updates etc., via standard and ad hoc reports at agreed regular intervals for Management review using the Company CRM system and other verbal/written sources across the Company’s commercial operations worldwide.
- To receive and input commercial contact details into the Company CRM system on a scheduled basis, supporting Blackbushe Sales, Business Development, Engineering, Marketing and other customer facing staff providing new customer contact information following Trade events/exhibitions e.g. Oceanology/Ocean Business etc., coordinating contact details input via the Office Services team during peak times.
- To use, maintain and update the CRM system database to assist in the monitoring of CRM data integrity across Sonardyne, highlighting gaps and suggesting corrective actions for agreement including process and communication improvement etc., in order to maximise the use, accuracy and value of CRM system-held data.
- To monitor, maintain and regularly update the Company Intranet Sales Section with consistent, up to date and valuable sales information/collateral e.g. standard product lead times, sales proposal templates, KPI/dashboard data etc., ensuring all material complies with Marketing design criteria and standards and updating of information from internal departments e.g. Production Planning, is timely and accurate.
- To produce and coordinate the data requirements e.g. spreadsheets etc., to support the Annual Company product price review, update working documents and communicate agreed price/price increase date to internal commercial staff, ensuring all Company systems e.g. Syspro, CRM etc., reflect the changes and updates in a timely manner.
- To perform a lead role in reviewing and coordinating obsolescence data in conjunction with Engineering, Production and the Sales Team, ensuring that the item list and recommendations are discussed twice annually as a minimum, and all relevant internal departments are informed of any changes in products or parts as applicable.
- To attend Company promotional events to promote the Sonardyne brand, gather customer feedback and strengthen the network of industry contacts.
- To be an internal sales resource for specific accounts, customers, regional offices, head of market, BD/GBM roles where appropriate. Working to sell all products and services from an internal point of view (phone, email, VC, Teams, presentations, CRM, quote generation and follow up, etc.
- E-commerce activities to support global sales.
- Follow 5 year sales plan supporting mini projects and exercises in the direction of sales department, regional offices and head of markets.
- Support and liaising with marketing for lead generation and to support strategic plans for market generation in the regional offices and head office
Some of the above duties will be shared with other members of the internal sales team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Educated to A level (any discipline) with minimum C grade, plus minimum C+ grades at GCSE/BTEC in English, Maths (Essential)
- Intermediate user level of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel) with associated formal qualifications to support experience (Essential)
- Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) e.g. Microsoft (Essential)
- Microsoft Teams (Essential)
- 3 years+ experience providing administrative support and coordination of sales processes in a technical commercial environment. (Essential)
- Proven ability to gather and present information, both from and to technical/commercial staff and Senior Management.
- Experience of CRM system data manipulation and reporting.
- Experience of collating and preparing written and numerical data gathered from varied sources (people, systems, reports etc.) for target audiences including technical professionals up to Senior Management.
- Proven ability to demonstrate customer-orientated attitude and actions towards internal and external customers alike.
- Internal or external sales experience (marketing / lead generation, quotation drafting, phone / email / personal sales experience, quotation follow up)
- E-commerce (Desirable not Essential)
- Experience of direct customer liaison, through written and verbal channels, including international contacts whose first language may not be English. (Desirable)
There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We keep our salaries competitive and offer our employees the following benefits package:
- 25 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Holiday Purchase Scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness Absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced Maternity Pay Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible Working Arrangements Scheme
- Discretionary Performance Related Pay Scheme, designed to recognise employees contribution to our success
Ready to join the team…? …then e-mail your CV and cover letter to the HR.TEAM@SONARDYNE.COM
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.