What do we do?
From the Mariana Trench, the deepest point on earth, to the coastline and anywhere in-between, we make the impossible possible through our continuous passion for innovation. That innovation comes from our greatest asset: our people. They design, engineer and manufacture technologies that are enabling our customers to discover, navigate, measure, detect and communicate in the toughest environment on earth: our oceans. We’ve been actively developing the technology to make the oceans accessible for nearly 50 years and we’re only just getting started…
Who are we looking for?
We have an opening for a Business Development Manager who will develop Sonardyne’s global Offshore Renewable Energy (ORE) business through sustainable profitable growth in sales of instruments and systems, including offshore wind (fixed and floating), wave, tidal, current and green hydrogen production projects.
- Primary objective is to grow Sonardyne’s ORE market share and customer base, using a variety of business development techniques such as defining and developing new market opportunities, effective sales and marketing strategies, co-ordinating sales activities, gathering, analysing and communicating market intelligence data and capture plans, ensuring regional sales teams and other customer facing staff (including agents and resellers) are supplied with tools and assistance to maximise business success, identifying and implementing MSAs / DPAs / Partnership Agreements / Funding opportunities, to meet or exceed:
- the 5-year framework objectives
- the yearly targets aligned with Sonardyne’s Goals
- To enhance the reputation and profile of Sonardyne in the ORE market sector, promoting the Company’s name, brand and capabilities through active networking and participation with trade bodies, institutions/societies etc, conference presentations, publication of papers, and delivery of innovative targeted marketing initiatives.
- Provide inspirational, influential leadership acting as a role model in diversification into the ORE market.
- Define new product and technology requirements for the ORE marketplace.
- To develop and agree an annual sales forecast for the ORE Market Sector Business in collaboration with Regional sales management and sales teams, HoE and Sales Director.
- Report commercial performance, including success/failures of market initiatives and product developments, content for the energy market board report, market information packs, etc for the ORE business.
- Be a stakeholder to the wider Energy market (Marine Vessel Systems, Exploration, Construction Survey, Subsea Asset Monitoring, and Surveillance), as well as Emerging Markets (Mining, CCS, Civil Engineering, Telecomms & Leisure) and undertake business development work in these areas as needed, providing the primary objective is not compromised.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A comprehensive understanding of subsea technology.
- Proven experience of developing commercial market perspectives and identification of new business opportunities.
- Experience in defining and delivering a strategic business plan.
- Experience in successfully influencing across indirect resources and multi-disciplines to achieve revenue targets and objectives.
- Proven experience of building networks and effective business relationships within and external to the organisation.
- Self-starter and proactive with a strong work drive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to report at all levels within the business and externally as required.
- Well established international network of ORE contacts (Desirable).
- Track record of delivering significant sales growth (Desirable).
- Educated to degree level or equivalent business experience
There are no limits to what you can achieve at Sonardyne. We have an open and innovative culture where every member of the team has a challenging role with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow. Every member of the team has the chance to influence and shape the future of our technology. In addition to mentoring, professional development and training, we actively promote hands-on experience of our solutions in the ocean environment.
We also like to have some fun, with a very active social group regularly laying on subsidised events. There are great pubs, running and cycling routes on the doorstep and other sports facilities nearby.
We keep our salaries competitive and offer our employees the following benefits package:
- 25 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Holiday Purchase Scheme – employees can buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Sickness Absence benefit plan with long term absence insurance cover
- Enhanced Maternity Pay Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible Working Arrangements Scheme
- Discretionary Performance Related Pay Scheme, designed to recognise employees contribution to our success
Ready to join the team…? …then e-mail your CV and cover letter to the HR.TEAM@SONARDYNE.COM
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.