Teledyne Marine is a group of leading-edge undersea technology companies that have been assembled by Teledyne Technologies Incorporated. Through acquisitions and collaboration, over the past 10 years Teledyne Marine has evolved into an industry powerhouse, bringing the best of the best together under a single umbrella. With technologies divided into 5 core segments; Imaging, Instruments, Interconnect, Seismic and Vehicles, Teledyne Marine sales staff can address not only brand level solutions, but turn-key, customized systems that leverage our full range of technology. Our goal is to provide one-stop purchasing capability, world-wide customer support, and the technical expertise to solve our customer’s toughest challenges. A Sea of Solutions…..One Supplier.
For more information, visit our website at www.teledynemarine.com.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
- Conducting procedural tests on production / engineering / qualification products including incoming material needed to support customer need date
- Responsible for understanding and use of all electrical, mechanical and optical test equipment, test fixtures, and procedures
- Knowledge of basic electronics, electrical theories and a strong knowledge of Ohm’s law
- Ability to troubleshoot setup / product issues with little to no engineering support
- Working knowledge of 802.3 Ethernet standards
- Maintaining security for all quality verification equipment and its calibration control
- Notify errors on procedures, drawings, bills of material, and router to the support teams (Quality, Manufacturing Engineering).
- Responsible for completing documentation (shop packs and FATs) accurately and timely
- Responsible for entering data into the IFS system accurately and timely.
- Responsible for maintaining high quality standards and workmanship.
- Maintain excellent communication and working relationship with all departments within the company
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Communicating special tooling needed to perform operation that may have not been identified.
Education and Experience:
- Two year technical degree or equivalent military training or demonstrated job experience
- Recent experience in an electrical or electronics manufacturing environment
- Recent experience in hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience handling fiber optic related product
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work safely with minimal or no direct supervision
- Ability to work with changing demands in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work from verbal directions
- Common sense approach to troubleshooting
- Ability to learn from peers
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Knowledge of MS Office to include Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Ability to use electrical / mechanical test equipment needed to perform tasks. (Meggers, Ohm-meters, pressure gauges, dial calipers)
- Able to read technical drawings and electrical schematics, specifications and procedures
- Computer Literate Working knowledge of MS Office programs, i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to use optical test equipment
- Ability to take constructive criticism from peers, leads and / or managers
- Good shop math skills