Nortek is opening up a center of excellence in Del Mar, California, that will focus on acoustic velocimetry, a class of scientific instrumentation used in ocean and lake research. The center will develop, manufacture, and support a new product line that will be sold and supported worldwide. The development will include the latest advances in transducer technology, hardware design, and signal processing algorithms.
We are looking for a firmware programmer with a solid system understanding who can handle complex systems that include low-power electronics, signal processing, sensor conditioning, storage devices, and serial and ethernet communication protocols. You will be part of a team of developers that will have 100% focus on the task and that will be responsible short and long term for the final product.
Preferences will be given to candidates who have worked on instrumentation design in the past, but we welcome candidates who have a strong interest in working on all aspects of modern electronics.
The ideal candidate should have prior experience that includes
- Three to five years embedded firmware design and implementation in an industrial or manufacturing setting
- Expertise in DSP, from design to debugging aimed at improving efficiency, stability and scalability
- Coding modules to handle multiple simultaneous digital and analog I/O devices
- Interaction with FPGA programmers to improve system performance
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) degree in electrical engineering or related field
- Highly motivated, Organized, resourceful and persistent
- Proven ability to work independently and think creatively to solve problems
- An interest in markets such as oceanography, coastal engineering, marine science, fisheries, subsea vehicles, offshore energy, or hydraulic laboratories.
- US citizenship or eligibility to work in the US prior to job commencement
- Professional demeanor, team-minded attitude, and genuine interest in project success
Employee Benefits Include
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k with matching contributions
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave