The Field Engineer installs, tests, trains and supports product operations and reports to the Engineering Manager for Kongsberg Underwater Technology in Kongsberg Maritime.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide support for mechanical and electrical installation of subsea acoustic systems on ships in drydocks and pier side.
- Provides customer support and training for new and existing customers both in house and in the field.
- Frequent utilization of computer skills for directory structure, hyperterm, and applications.
- Performs routine troubleshooting; visual inspection, use of DVM, basic schematic reading.
- Documents test results with appropriate information in a complete manner and communicate to all required.
- Reads and interprets specific test procedures to properly perform and document test results.
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with product quality standards.
- Communicates all design problems and “bugs” to the correct areas within the organization.
- Travel up to 50% to meet client needs.
- Work in the field unsupervised.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to four years experience as a marine technician or with hydrographic surveying; or equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
- Associates or BS degree in related field is desired.
- Knowledge and experience with basic networking, Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; AutoCAD; Orcad and Internet Explorer.
- Position requires extensive domestic and international travel and work aboard offshore vessels.
Certificates And Licenses Required
- Basic knowledge of Ethernet protocol, serial data communication such as NMEA, and ohms law
- Basic electronics technical training
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain a US security clearance
- Valid passport
- Must be a US citizen that is able to be cleared at least to the Secret Level
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal including computer literacy
- Able to handle several activities simultaneously
- Able to work alone and with a team
- Good customer support and people skills
- Able to travel, often at short notice
- Can troubleshoot systems to board level
Throughout the pandemic, we’ve made it a top priority to keep our employees safe from COVID-19. Consistent with its duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards, Kongsberg Maritime has adopted a policy to safeguard the health and well-being of employees and their families, our customers and visitors, others who spend time in our facilities, customer installations, and the community from the risks associated with COVID-19. Candidates should be aware that Kongsberg Maritime Inc.(or KUTL) requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated. All job offers will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
Typical Equipment Utilized And/or Interfacing With
- Electronic testing equipment
- Power supplies
- Various test devices
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation
- Excellent health care benefits, 401k plan, and tuition reimbursement
- A creative and innovative environment where individuals truly make a difference
- Working with state-of-the-art technology and products
- Personal and professional development in an international environment
- Excellent technical and personal challenges
- A team of highly qualified co-workers who are willing to share their knowledge and experience