The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Data Science Intern. You will be analyzing millions of time series using state of the art statistical methods, advanced machine learning, and big data technologies. Our data science team is a friendly collaborative environment. If you are excited and passionate to work on state-of-the art technology trends we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities
- Passion for applications, analytics, storage and distributed systems
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced agile environment using Scrum
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Currently an accredited University studying toward a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Statistics or equivalent.
- Experience with object oriented coding languages such as Java and Python
- Experience with R programming language
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- Experience with online distributed systems and platform infrastructure design and implementation
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem and Spark
- Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.