About the job
- The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
- a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a GIS Analyst who is responsible for accessing, validating, and analyzing data collected by field crews. This role requires frequent communication between the analyst and field crews, supervisors, and clients. Each analyst will be responsible for ensuring all data requirements are met for all projects they are assigned from start to finish.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Receive and process client GIS data
- Receive and process field GPS data
- Create data deliverables for client
- Support field crews with data related issues
- Manage and create databases and maintain data integrity
- Troubleshoot Trimble unit issues
- Post-process GPS data in Pathfinder
- Review/validate spatial data in ArcMap to ensure field GPS and notes agree with client GIS data
- Work with Project Tracker (in-house web app)
- Participate in project kick-off meeting with field crew and PM to understand project scope and schedule
- Digitize cartographic data
- Understand and follow scope and requirements for all projects
- Monitor project scope and provide status updates to PM
- Communicate with client on a technical level and provide clear and concise answers to questions
- Provide technical expertise in one or more GIS areas and be able to establish, improve or automate current GIS workflows
- Provides guidance, mentorship and effective feedback to other team members
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS/BA degree in GIS/Geography/related field OR 4 years equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience working with ArcGIS software and extensions
- Experience joining and relating tables in ArcGIS
- Ability to successfully pass a technical GIS aptitude test
- Experience writing and executing complex SQL queries
- Knowledge of ESRI’s geodatabase model, design, and management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use Excel/Word/Outlook/PowerPoint
- Ability to learn quickly, be proactive, and respond to feedback
- Experience with Trimble GPS hardware and software
- Knowledge of water systems
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in Microsoft Access
- Programming experience
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the office
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.