About the job
- The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
- a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com .
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Data Science Intern. You will be analyzing millions of time series using state of the art statistical methods, advanced machine learning, and big data technologies. Our data science team is a friendly collaborative environment. If you are excited and passionate to work on state-of-the art technology trends we want to hear from you!
Xylem Summer Internships typically last 10-12 weeks and are an opportunity to get hands-on, professional experience while making a lasting contribution to Xylem as an organization. Our internship program is intended to create a pipeline of talented undergraduate students who are interested in a career in the water innovation technology industry. Interns are our primary talent pool for all full-time early career positions and rotational programs. The Summer Internship is a great opportunity to learn more about Xylem and see if a career in water technology is right for you.
The hourly rate for an intern is dependent on a variety of factors including major, year in school and geographic location. The average hourly rate for an intern is between $21.00 – $27.00/hour. Locations of internships will vary based on the specified project and function, and will either be on-site, hybrid or fully remote.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities
- Passion for applications, analytics, storage and distributed systems
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced agile environment using Scrum
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Currently an accredited University studying toward a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Statistics or equivalent.
- Experience with object-oriented coding languages such as Java and Python
- Experience with R programming language
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- Experience with online distributed systems and platform infrastructure design and implementation
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem and Spark
- Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.