About the job
We invite you to bring your experience and passion for the water industry coupled with an understanding of applying geospatial technology to become an integral part of Esri’s Water account team. We’re looking for an individual who is customer oriented and a collaborative team player who enjoys identifying and implementing strategies that will radically improve the challenges organizations face. You’ll work closely with a team that helps new and existing water and wastewater customers optimize and expand adoption of Esri technology, identify new areas of growth, and share expertise that helps deliver on their mission.
At Esri, we are committed to our customers and their success. It is a place for you to do your best work and partner with our customers amid a supportive culture that encourages creativity, collaboration, and passion.
- Build relationships. Prospect, develop, and implement location strategies for organizations. Maintain a healthy pipeline of business growth opportunities for new and existing customers. Leverage social media and other avenues to build your professional network. Participate and present at trade shows, workshops, and seminars.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for an organization. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes. Use consultative selling skills to understand the needs and business challenges of customers.
- Learn and grow. Clearly articulate the strength and value of Esri technology as it relates to the water industry. Consistently conduct research and pursue professional development to anticipate customer needs and trends that may impact them.
- Deliver results. Successfully execute account management and sales processes for all opportunities. Use whiteboard sessions and other techniques to support visual storytelling and propose solutions that best meet the need of the customer.
- Collaborate with others. Leverage your domain knowledge when working with teams across Esri to define and execute account strategies. Engage with Esri partners to develop co-selling strategies to best support our customers. Be motivated and resourceful and take initiative to resolve issues.
- 3+ years of successfully supporting customers in a sales, consulting, or relevant industry role
- Experience creating partnerships and establishing yourself as a trusted advisor with customers
- Understanding of account planning and opportunity strategy creation
- Demonstrated knowledge of the water industry and new technology trends and the ability to translate this into solutions for customers
- Able to negotiate, present, and support visual storytelling across all levels of an organization
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally 25-50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of GIS, Esri technology, and the water industry as they relate to one another
- General knowledge of data science or spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving and uncovering patterns and trends within organizations
- Experience managing the sales life cycle
- Knowledge of industry fiscal year, budgeting, and procurement cycles
Questions about our interview process? .
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri’s competitive total rewards strategy includes industry-leading health and welfare benefits: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance for employees (and their families), 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, minimum accrual of 80 hours of vacation leave, twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Base salary is one component of our total rewards strategy. Compensation decisions and the base range for this role take into account many factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the base salary range is $76,960.00 – $137,280.00.