About the job
As an experienced thought leader in Imagery and Remote Sensing, you get excited about making the connections that enable others to understand and solve common problems using a geographic approach. You understand how imagery and remote sensing professionals are more successful when using maps and GIS, and you desire to see that success replicated in organizations around the world. We welcome you to join Esri where you will help further build the global imagery and remote sensing community, develop industry messaging across global markets, and collaborate with marketing and sales professionals to drive demand and new business while making a positive difference in the world.
- Be the public face for our imagery teams at various events and gatherings
- Support conferences, tradeshows, seminars, webinars and user group meetings with domain expertise
- Engage other teams within Esri (marketing, sales, products, professional services, international distributors, education, and partner teams) on all imagery related issues
- Develop and establish a regular cadence for content (for example: webinars, customer success stories, eBooks, social media, blogs, and more) that drive awareness, demand, and builds community
- Network with other industry influencers to promote and position Esri technology as uniquely suited to address existing and emerging imagery and remote sensing challenges
- Work with Esri Business Partners to collaborate, identify market opportunities and programmatic priorities, and position ArcGIS and Partner Solutions within various industries
- Assist in the development and execution of a marketing strategy for growth of Esri technology within the imagery and remote sensing industry
- Work with users of ArcGIS to promote their work and inspire others around the world
- Provide knowledge about trends and competition to others within Esri
- Maintain and continue to develop deep Imagery and GIS domain expertise and be responsible for providing industry expertise to support internal requests, partner engagements and customer meetings to facilitate development of ArcGIS solutions
- Identify gaps in training content and promote development of new training courses for the user community
- 8+ years of experience working in the remote sensing and imagery industry with extensive knowledge and use of Imagery and GIS, and a bachelor’s degree in Remote Sensing, Geography, Earth Sciences, or similar field; Or 6+ years of experience and a master’s degree
- Solid understanding and knowledge of competitive issues in the imagery and remote sensing industry
- Solid understanding of financial, technological, and market factors in the imagery and remote sensing industry
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrated experience presenting GIS and Imagery topics to a variety of audiences
- Highly organized and self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in an environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to effectively converse and engage with the science and practical imagery communities
- Strong decision-making, problem resolution, and creative thinking skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, ability to learn quickly, and positive attitude
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally as needed
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri’s competitive total rewards strategy includes industry-leading health and welfare benefits: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance for employees (and their families), 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, minimum accrual of 80 hours of vacation leave, twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Base salary is one component of our total rewards strategy. Compensation decisions and the base range for this role take into account many factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the base salary range is $104,000.00 – $176,800.00.