About the job
Nortek designs, develops, and produces scientific instruments that apply the Doppler principle to underwater acoustics in order to measure water in motion, such as currents and waves. Our product range covers four themes: ocean waves, ocean currents, turbulent flow, and subsea navigation. These instruments are used by scientists, researchers and engineers at renowned institutions and government agencies worldwide.
The accuracy of a subsea navigation system largely depends on the quality of a sensor called a Doppler Velocity Log (DVL). This instrument is found on the majority of underwater vehicles, such as ROVs, UUV/AUVs, and diver handheld systems where accurate navigation and positioning are critical.
We are seeking a Sales Engineer – Subsea Vehicles to help expand our go-to-market business model. The ideal candidate will be an energetic hunter focused on generating activity and finding new users that can benefit from our technology. You will have a genuine interest in seeing clients succeed, their work publicized, and being a part of advancing capabilities in ocean research and operations. You should also enjoy speaking with prospects, traveling, organizing demonstrations and workshops (after extensive training), and working with your colleagues to come up with new strategies.
You will also gain international work experience, while enjoying the work-life balance encouraged by a Scandinavian company with Norwegian roots.
The ideal candidate should have prior experience that includes:
- Three to five years technical sales experience OR work experience in the subsea market, offshore energy, and sales DNA
- Calling on scientists, engineers, underwater vehicle manufacturers, and senior sales or marketing executives
- An interest in markets such as: oceanography, coastal engineering, marine science, fisheries, subsea vehicles, offshore energy, or hydraulic laboratories.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in a science or engineering field OR a marketing, business, or communications degree with experience working for a subsea related industry
Additional experience should include strong capabilities in the areas of:
- Prospecting for and qualifying new business
- Relaying complex technical information
- Distinguishing a product from an established competitor
- Communicating the value proposition
- Public speaking and presenting to technical audiences at conferences, customers at their places of business, or small workshops
- US citizenship
- Valid drivers license or ability to obtain one within one month
- Professional demeanor, team-minded attitude, and genuine interest in client success
Location – Houston preferred to serve the market as a remote employee. Nortek USA offices are in Boston, MA and San Diego, CA
Training and Development
Nortek offers a comprehensive training program and ongoing development opportunities including:
- Product training, time depending on experience level, at company headquarters in Oslo, Norway
- Formal external sales training seminars and coaching
- Team-based learning from peers and Applications Engineers
- Yearly Nortek global sales meeting hosted in Oslo or other subsidiary location
Employee benefits include:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k with matching contributions
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave