We’re Hiring for a Global Product Manager for the SonTek Velocity and Flow product line!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Global Product Manager, Velocity and Flow will be responsible for the strategy, product line management, applications support, and marketing functions for the SonTek Product Line. As the champion of this product line, duties include development, execution and achievement of annual product and marketing plans, strategic planning, distribution support, Regional Sales Manager support, product line management, marketing communications management, representing the company and product line at industry events, and execution of major initiatives as required. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
- Effectively lead Product Management, Applications, and MarCom staff to ensure achievement of objectives and to identify personnel development opportunities. This includes setting employee performance objectives, conducting performance reviews, and recommending pay actions.
- Development, execution, and achievement of annual product plan for SonTek Products, including financial targets.
- Drive regular voice of customer (VOC), Market and competitor trend analysis, and technology screening exercises to use as a basis for strategy, including product and service development, marketing, lifecycle management, and pricing.
- Develop and implement a strategic marketing plan and materials for the SonTek product line that is aligned with the Sales and MarCom teams to meet orders, KPIs, and sales goals. Support the Environmental Solutions Segment business and vertical marketing strategies.
- Develop a 5-year product line strategy, including Product Roadmaps and Product Life Cycle Management, to grow SonTek sales and provide input to the Xylem Analytics long-term strategic marketing plan. Define requirements, value proposition, and business case for all new products. Define and execute global product launch plans.
- Ensure margin targets are met by monitoring and executing strategic pricing activities and working cross-functionally to identify and execute product cost reduction opportunities.
- Direct MarCom team on developing technical marketing materials, presentations sales tools, webinars, web content, product literature, and lead generation programs. Work with the wider Xylem Analytics Environmental Solutions and Marketing Operations teams as required including updating and maintaining web content. Measure and ensure success through campaign metrics.
- Generate and assist with developing technical marketing materials (content/sales tools) to support product launches, sales, and marketing activities. Examples include: demonstration videos, web assets, webinars, and presentations. Develop training materials and provide product training to customers, external teams, and distribution partners.
- Represent the company and product line at industry events.
- With Regional Sales Directors, review channel strategies and recommend changes to achieve growth in the region. Create new sales opportunities through proactive efforts with major customers and continuous marketing intelligence gathering.
- Communicate the status of programs and initiatives and quarterly analysis of sales by product and region. Keep sales, marketing, and other company personnel informed about the product line, competitive activity, and potential new business opportunities.
- Provide input into the Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning process and achieve forecast accuracy targets.
- Provide and monitor expense budgets.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- A four-year college degree in Science/Biology, Engineering, Physics, Hydrology, Oceanography, or other technical field of study. Applicable graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years combined experience in field data collection, product management, sales, or technical support. Minimum 5 years of experience in the environmental market.
- Experience managing, selling, or using scientific analytical instrumentation, with a preference for hydrology experience.
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership of direct and indirect teams and individual contributors. Strong influencing skills leveraging business and technical acumen.
- Balanced creative and analytical reasoning skills.
- Persuasiveness – Ability to create enthusiasm around ideas.
- Customer service oriented – Proven ability to work constructively with customers.
- Strong written, oral, and presentation communication skills. Willingness and ability to speak on camera and give presentations at industry events.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Ability to interpret/analyze data and translate findings into strategic planning information.
- Ability to perform as both a strategic thinker and tactical planner.
- Comfortable using business technology.
- Highly adaptable to change, as Xylem is a rapidly growing enterprise.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently. Foreign language a plus
The estimated salary range for this position is $100,000 to $160,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.