Applied Marine Biology & Biotechnology
Harness Novel and Diverse Marine Biological Resources for Innovation
UC San Diego Scripps Institution of Oceanography (Scripps) is one of the oldest, largest, and most important centers for global ocean and earth science research and education in the world. The scope of the institution has grown in recent years to include biological, physical, chemical, geological, geophysical, and atmospheric studies of the earth as a system. Scripps is a community of over 2,200 students, scientists, staff, and volunteers, conducting research in every ocean and continent, and an active research program generating over 700 publications and over $148 Million US in sponsored research each year.
As a relatively unexplored habitat teeming with life the oceans provide boundless opportunities to search for industry-relevant innovation. Scientists at Scripps have been exploring the oceans for over 100 years and are uniquely poised to access immense genetic diversity and biological inspiration from unexplored areas of the seas.
Explore Scripps Oceanography Applied Marine Biology & Biotechnology Research
Connect with new hires at Scripps
Corporate members received facilitated access to student and postdoctoral fellows for talent recruitment needs, including access to the Scripps Talent Recruitment Portal to view these candidates professional information and opportunities to sponsor student capstone projects.
Marine Biology Education
- BS, MS and PhD in Marine Biology
- BS and BA in Environmental Systems
- MAS in Marine Biodiversity and Conservation
Why work with Scripps?
- Access leading applied marine biology, biomedicine, and biotechnology experts
- Design collaborative research for further innovation
- Get a seat at the table for the latest scientific updates
- Explore unique compound libraries
- Access and work with newest talent trained at Scripps
Join Scripps Corporate Alliance to access these and other benefits