Allied Search Partners
Field Application Specialist Histotechnologist
Allied Search Partners is the national expert of laboratory recruitment. We are looking for experienced Histology Professionals to fill a Field Application Specialist role for a remote position in California (Either Southern or Northern California). Founded in 2008, Allied Search Partners is a contingent recruitment firm specializing in the placement of talented laboratory professionals at hospitals, laboratories, and healthcare facilities across the nation.
Taking the right step requires the right opportunity, Allied Search Partners can help! Our talent management professionals know what it takes to advance your career. Our highly skilled recruiters treat each candidate with compassion and dignity. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in the healthcare sciences field as a laboratory technologist, we want to talk to you!
For a complete list of current Allied Search Partners openings Nationwide please go to: http://www.alliedsearchpartners.com/careers.php
Position Title: Histology Field Applications Specialist
Shift: Full Time Day Shift
Location: California (Remote-Can be in Southern or Northern CA)
To apply: Please send resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or fax to 888 388 7572. No other information about the location or name of facility is given at this time.
- We are a staffing agency and conduct searches confidentially for our clients either at their request or to protect our resources involved in locating talent. In order to facilitate this we must submit a resume to HR.
- Your resume will only be sent over for the position in this job description
- Our job is to connect talented individuals such as your self with top notch labs
- Full disclosure will be given once HR has requested an interview
- We do not send your information to current or past employers nor do we send your information to anywhere you request that it not be sent
- Forwarding your resume by way of fax, email or applying to our online job posting or replying with your resume to a job announcement acknowledges the fact that you are allowing Allied Search Partners to represent your resume for said position and gives Allied Search Partners consent to send your resume to our client for said position, also understanding that further communication may or may not be initiated at the time of resume submission by Allied Search Partners.
Field Application Specialist – Healthcare Sciences (Histology Technician/Technologist)
As a Field Application Specialist, you will perform product sales and support. You will be responsible for providing scientific expertise, applications support and training to customers through a variety of interfaces including in person, phone and email communications.
Additional responsibilities of the Histology Field Applications Specialist Job include:
- The position will partner with sales representatives in the field, as well as the marketing and support teams, to deliver product specific pre- and post-sales support, enabling the adoption and implementation of our products.
- A successful candidate will conduct impactful product demonstrations, act as a trusted expert to our customers, work closely with Sales, Marketing and Service management to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty, and help drive continued success of the business along with the timely achievement of team and company goals.
- Responsible for pre- and post-sales support for product sales in the field of Histology with a minimum of technical or administrative guidance and oversight. Must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse set of customers and internal stakeholders of the company and work collaboratively across different functional teams.
- Organize and perform product demonstrations at customers’ sites, providing training and technical support during customer evaluations
- Collaborate with potential customers and Sales Representatives to identify and develop solutions and strategies to meet customer specific goals
- Act as a source of technical expertise in Histology and the product line
- Network with customers and provide feedback to Product Development and the Marketing Team on customer requirements for product enhancements, new applications and new products
- Represent company at trade shows and vendor shows presenting company products and gather information
- Provide remote and on-site start-up application support for new users
- Perform new product installations and new user training as needed
- Promote customer satisfaction by providing product and application information; handling inquiries and escalating complaints in a timely manner
- Liaise with Service and provide troubleshooting support to customers
- Regularly report on customer and technical activities in the field, providing updates to customer contact information, as well as relevant technical and product use information
- Maintain scientific knowledge-base, staying current on scientific trends in histology and advancements in the industry
- Assist with generation and qualification of sales leads
- Assist Marketing, Service and Development teams with development of product, technical support and application documentation; may include lab work and data analysis
- Accountable for proper management of expenses, scheduling and tracking of activities
- Effective and comfortable working remotely
Successful candidates for the Histotechnologist should have experience with histology and have strong customer service and sales skills. Someone with ASCP certification in histotechnology would be a great fit for this role, but not required.
Additional requirements of the histology field applications specialist role include:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in life sciences
- 4+ years of experience as a Histotechnician or Histotechnologist
- An ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, comfort and confidence interacting with customers, diversified knowledge of Anatomical Pathology, along with significant firsthand microtomy work experience in research and clinical histology laboratories.
- Strong skills and experience with paraffin embedded tissue sectioning, mounting and staining
- Lab experience with operations under regulatory and/or ISO control
- Experience and success in a customer facing role
(may substitute with experience providing technical or scientific support to an internal audience)
- Ability to develop, author and QA histology protocols
- Willingness and capability to travel an estimated 40 – 60 %, including overnight stays
- Able to move and handle demo equipment, coordinate shipping of products, and lift 40 pounds (Required to conduct on-site demonstrations)
- Valid Driver’s license
- Experience in both clinical and research settings highly preferred
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Experience effectively managing a schedule, external meetings, and negotiating schedule conflicts