Risk & Resilience
UC San Diego Scripps Institution of Oceanography (Scripps) is one of the oldest, largest, and most important centers for global ocean and earth science research and graduate training in the world, ranked 1st in the US and 4th worldwide in earth and environmental research by the publication Nature.
Now in its second century of discovery, Scripps is rising to meet new challenges ahead for science and society. Increasingly, projections of climate suggest significant vulnerability of coastal and inland infrastructure due to rising temperatures, sea level rise, and extreme precipitation. Working with industry, utilities, and government partners, Scripps science can inform improved tools and strategy to manage risk due to extreme weather events and natural hazards.
[Photo: Coastal Data Information Program]
Explore Scripps Oceanography Applied Marine Biology & Biotechnology Research
Connect with new hires at Scripps
Corporate members received facilitated access to student and postdoctoral fellows for talent recruitment needs, including access to the Scripps Talent Recruitment Portal to view these candidates professional information and opportunities to sponsor student capstone projects.
Climate, Ocean, Geosciences, & Atmospheric Sciences Education
Bachelor’s & Master’s Programs
- BS / BA: Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences; Earth Sciences; Environmental Systems
- MAS: Climate Science and Policy
- MS: Oceanography; Earth Sciences
- Minor: Climate Change Studies
- Applied Ocean Science
- Climate Sciences
- Marine Chemistry & Geochemistry
- Physical Oceanography
Why work with Scripps?
- Access leading applied marine biology, biomedicine, and biotechnology experts
- Design collaborative research for further innovation
- Get a seat at the table for the latest scientific updates
- Explore unique compound libraries
- Access and work with newest talent trained at Scripps
Join Scripps Corporate Alliance to access these and other benefits