Application Process: Please submit your CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the above criteria to Ellen Keegan Please include details of salary expectation.
Point of Contact: Please contact Ellen Keegan for copy of Candidate Privacy Notice and Privacy & Data Protection Notice to understand how we look after your personal data during the application process.
Would you like to work for a company that makes a difference? A company that has a rich heritage and an exceptional reputation for innovation and quality? Would you like to work for a company that supports your development and gives you the opportunity to raise your profile and grow as a recognised professional? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Chelsea Technologies is a market leading environmental sensor manufacturer based in Surrey UK, offering a variety of solutions to the green shipping, marine science, water quality, agriculture and defence sectors.
We are a diverse and inclusive family of scientists, designers, engineers, manufacturing experts and business people who work every day to deliver new ways for the world to solve problems and protect the environment; and there has never been a better time to join us as we grow and prepare for the next 55 years in business.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Head of Operations to lead our diverse operations function.
What are the key responsibilities?
- Responsible for operations activities across the business, from manufacturing to customer support
- Management of the production, purchasing, calibration, sales administration and technical support teams, working closely with department managers
- Plan and monitor day to day operations
- Introduce modern practices to streamline production
- Ensure consistent high quality and on time delivery
- Evaluate and monitor the efficiency of business processes and procedures
- Drive process improvements across the departments
- Identify and minimise areas of loss/waste for the business
- Deliver 5S programme across the function and work towards the introduction of lean manufacturing
- Work collaboratively with other departments (Engineering, Science and Sales) to ensure customer requirements are met
- Oversee customer support processes
- Organise and manage customer support to enhance customer satisfaction
- Work closely with the Managing Director to define and implement operations strategy
- Develop an annual operational plan to achieve goals agreed with the Executive team
- Monitor performance against KPIs and prepare board reports summarising progress
- Manage operational budgets
- Support the wider team to ensure they achieve their goals, by providing support, accountability and resources to teams in order to support the execution of the operational plan
- Develop strong relationships with customers; suppliers and employees of the business to ensure products are delivered and customer satisfaction is continuously met
Who might be a good fit?
Chelsea is proud of its diverse workforce and pro-actively seeks to be an inclusive employer. If you can meet the requirements and you have the drive and resilience to succeed, we will welcome everything else that makes you unique.
- You will be educated to degree level in operations, engineering or management (minimum 2.1 or higher) or have demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Extensive experience in operations in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Familiarity with ERP systems and other business software (e.g. Office).
- Experience of management of people and resources
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- High level of commercial awareness and an understanding of financial management.
- Excellent organisational, leadership and mentoring skills.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving mentality.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Growth mindset when it comes to operational excellence.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
What else can you tell me?
- Package – Along with a competitive salary, Chelsea offers a quality pension scheme, life assurance and 25 days annual leave plus public holidays.
- Hours – 37.5 hours Monday – Friday.
Chelsea Technologies undertakes defence contracting work and therefore candidates must be suitable for SC security clearance with the UK Ministry of Defence.
Nationality – Please be aware that this role will be subject to security restrictions. This means that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities held, and/or your place of birth may limit the role that you can perform for the organisation.