RICHMOND, CA /
ROBOTICS TEAM /
Bedrock is operationalizing the largest Earth-exploration mission in human history. We’re doing that by developing robotics & software to explore, map, and classify the entirety of Earth’s ocean floor. The oceans are a critical component of climate stabilization. Our hope is to provide critical subsea data and infrastructure to further understand and predict the fundamental forces that support harmonious human existence on this planet.
Our Engineering team is growing and we are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join us in our Richmond, CA office. In addition to working alongside the CTO, you will collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of Mechanical, Electrical, and Software to develop our autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) system and supporting infrastructure. This is an exciting opportunity to get your hands dirty and help build something that will redefine ocean exploration.
- Design, test, qualify, and deliver AUV/USV electronics
- Select components and materials based on analysis of specs, reliability, and cost
- Create and maintain detailed drawings, BOMs, and other technical documentation
- Create test plans, scripts, and fixtures for electronics and systems
- Troubleshoot root cause electrical issues and implement system modifications
- Collaborate with rest of Engineering team to work through technical challenges
- Provide technical support for Ops team in the field as needed
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of industry engineering/design experience with electro-mechanical systems
- Ability to design, prototype, simulate, debug, and test circuits
- Proficiency in PCB layout/design (Altium)
- Experience with basic communication protocols (USB, Serial, I2C, etc.)
- Programming skills (C/C++, Python)
- Ability to assess risk and make time-critical decisions/tradeoffs in imperfect scenarios
- Ability to operate independently with limited instruction
- A proven track record of shipping complex systems
- A positive attitude, low ego, and “do the impossible” attitude
- Well versed in RF systems
- Experienced with Linux device driver development, BSPs, and board bring-up
- Proficient with mechanical CAD software (Inventor)
- Experienced with designing high reliability and high quality electronics
- Relentlessly detail-oriented and organized
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, and mission success-driven
- Capable of multitasking in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Able to handle challenging and loosely structured environments
- Passionate about the ocean and/or exploration
Explore the last true frontier left on Earth with us
We’re seeking ultra-determined people who aren’t afraid to pioneer new solutions and challenge conventional assumptions. Most of all, we’re looking for high-quality, good human beings with low egos.
Bedrock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bedrock determines employment on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.