RICHMOND, CA /
ROBOTICS TEAM /
Bedrock is operationalizing the largest Earth-exploration mission in human history. We’re doing that by developing robotics & software to explore, map, and classify the entirety of Earth’s ocean floor. The oceans are a critical component of climate stabilization. Our hope is to provide critical subsea data and infrastructure to further understand and predict the fundamental forces that support harmonious human existence on this planet.
Our Engineering team is growing and we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join us in our Richmond, CA office. You will work with an interdisciplinary team of Mechanical, Electrical, and Software to develop our autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) system and supporting infrastructure. This is an exciting opportunity to get your hands dirty and help build something that will transform the maritime industry. You will report to the Head of Mechanical Engineering.
- Manage sub-system level projects from design to fabrication and assembly
- Design feasibility and testing methods to verify system capabilities
- Collaborate with rest of Engineering team to work through technical challenges
- Maintain detailed documentation of purchase orders and delivery status
- Provide technical support for Ops team in the field as needed
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related experience
- 5+ years of industry engineering experience, subsea equipment a plus
- Strong knowledge of materials, processes, assembly, and production methods
- Experienced in a range of manufacturing processes (CNC, welding, 3D printing)
- Strong understanding of modern CAD programs (Inventor, Solidworks, etc)
- Demonstrated proficiency in CFD and structural analysis software tools
- Experience with product qualification, testing, and validation
- Ability to assess risk and make time-critical decisions/tradeoffs in imperfect scenarios
- Ability to operate independently with limited instruction
- A proven track record of shipping complex systems
- A positive attitude, low ego, and “hands on” attitude
- Relentlessly detail-oriented and organized
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, and mission success-driven
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Able to handle challenging and loosely structured environments
- Passionate about the ocean and/or exploration
Explore the last true frontier left on Earth with us
We’re seeking ultra-determined people who aren’t afraid to pioneer new solutions and challenge conventional assumptions. Most of all, we’re looking for high-quality, good human beings with low egos.
Bedrock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bedrock determines employment on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.