Systems Integration Engineer
RICHMOND, CA /
ROBOTICS TEAM /
Bedrock is operationalizing the largest Earth-exploration mission in human history. We’re doing that by developing robotics & software to explore, map, and classify the entirety of Earth’s ocean floor. The oceans are a critical component of climate stabilization. Our hope is to provide critical subsea data and infrastructure to further understand and predict the fundamental forces that support harmonious human existence on this planet.
Our Engineering team is growing and we are looking for a Robotics System Integrations Engineer to join us in our Richmond, CA office. You will be responsible for all aspects of project integration, test, and delivery for the Bedrock autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) system. In addition to working closely with the CTO, you will collaborate with Mechanical, Electrical, and Software on design evaluation, prototype builds, and qualification.
- Own all robotic system integration and testing efforts
- Develop and execute system/subsystem integration & testing
- Build and/or acquire required testing fixtures to achieve test objectives
- Manage ongoing subsystem troubleshooting and improvements
- Maintain detailed documentation of test plans and results
- Provide technical support for Ops team in the field as needed
- B.S. in Robotics, Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical), or related experience
- 5+ years of integration and test experience in a professional environment
- Experience with prototype bring-up and debugging
- Experience with environmental testing (sealing, thermal, transport, shock; MIL-SPEC qual testing preferred)
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical systems/subsystems
- System-level foresight of possible failure modes
- Excellent understanding of cabling and harnessing
- Ability to assess risk and make time-critical decisions/tradeoffs in imperfect scenarios
- Ability to operate independently with limited instruction
- A positive attitude, low ego, GSD attitude
- Relentlessly detail-oriented and organized
- Results and mission success-driven
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Able to handle challenging and loosely structured environments
- Passionate about the ocean and/or exploration
Explore the last true frontier left on Earth with us
We’re seeking ultra-determined people who aren’t afraid to pioneer new solutions and challenge conventional assumptions. Most of all, we’re looking for high-quality, good human beings with low egos.
Bedrock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bedrock determines employment on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.