Shift: Monday thru Friday; 40 – 45 hours per week, with flexibility
Location: Our facility in Torrance, California
Employment Type: Full time internship
Start Date: May or June 2021
Blue Robotics is a small and rapidly growing company that designs and manufactures marine robotics components and vehicles to enable the future of ocean exploration. We do ambitious things to revolutionize the way humans learn about our oceans.
Unlike other engineering opportunities you won’t be “plugging in” to a system that’s been established for decades, but rather be an integral part of creating one at a young company. Your typical day will vary: in the build-up to a new product launch you will be working on the creating the assembly line, writing instructions, verifying the manufacturability, during other times you will be working toward improving current product lines, processes / flows, and fixing issues as they come up.
We’re looking for people who are driven, organized, and can handle independence in this role. You’ll be guided by our team of engineers, but given responsibility and projects of your own. Your work will have a tangible and direct impact every day on the future of understanding our oceans.
- Define process flows, assembly procedure, and assembly line layout for new products
- Provide DFM feedback to increase manufacturability and build quality
- Provide daily support and troubleshooting to Manufacturing Engineering and Quality
- Design jig, fixture, and QC tooling for production lines
- Document processes thru SOPs, Work Instructions, Equipment Guides, QAPs etc.
- Suggest and implement improvements which will improve our production efficiency, product quality, and product manufacturability
- In-progress Bachelor’s degree in any Engineering discipline
- Proficient with Solidworks, with previous demonstrated experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of being self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in any Engineering discipline
- Experience performing any of the “Essential Functions” above
- Work experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience in taking ownership of engineering projects and pushing them through to completion. This includes project management experience.
- Experience with Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Any robotics experience, including RC vehicles
- Electrical interfacing, harnessing, and wiring experience
- Soldering, machining, welding, fabrication, or 3D printing skills
- Competitive Pay
- Growth Opportunities
- Flexible scheduling
- Great learning opportunities
- Free daily team lunches
To apply for this position, please email your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com.