Would you like to work for a company that supports your development and gives you the opportunity to raise your profile and grow as a recognised professional? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Chelsea Technologies is a market leading environmental sensor manufacturer based in Surrey UK, offering a variety of solutions to the green shipping, marine science, water quality, agriculture and defence sectors.
We are a diverse and inclusive family of scientists, designers, engineers, manufacturing experts and businesspeople who work every day to deliver new ways for the world to solve problems and protect the environment; and there has never been a better time to join us as we grow and prepare for the next 55 years in business.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Sales Development Manager with significant experience in a related sales development role to join our team. To succeed you should be able to demonstrate a strong sales ability with a proven track record of achieving targets and evidence of going the extra mile to achieve targets.
What are the key responsibilities?
- To carry out research into our core global vertical markets using CRM platform and other available data sources
- To identify relevant prospects within core vertical markets
- To apply structured methodology to qualify prospect as a confirmed lead
- To liaise with global prospects and carry out research on project activities related to our product offerings within that specific market.
- To complete digital prospect hand over forms.
- To liaise with Global Sales managers and Global Resellers and complete sign-off of digital prospect forms
- To manage and update CRM platform with monthly won/lost/postponed results
- To ensure customers receive the highest levels of customer service
- To contribute to the strengthening and development of customer relationships across existing and newly acquired customers and assist with maintaining those relationships.
- To manage sales development administrative activities.
- Provide regular reports to the Head of Global Sales.
- To provide input into the sales and marketing strategy.
- Preferred educated to degree level in a Marketing or Technical Subject, but not essential where significant experience in a related area is present.
- Significant experience in a related sales development role
- Demonstrate strong sales ability with a proven track record of achieving targets
- Experience in sales development and lead qualification
- Strong administrative capability and experience
- Evidence of going the extra mile to achieve targets
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Who might be a good fit?
Chelsea is proud of its diverse workforce and pro-actively seeks to be an inclusive employer. If you can meet the requirements and you have the drive and resilience to succeed, we will welcome everything else that makes you unique.
What else can you tell me?
- Package – Along with a competitive salary, Chelsea offers a quality pension Scheme, life assurance and 25 days annual leave plus public holidays.
- Hours – 37.5 hours Monday – Friday. Due to the requirement for international travel and attendance at external events, these hours sometimes vary.
- Security Clearance – Candidates must be suitable for security clearance via the UK Security Vetting Services.
How to apply
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV and a covering letter (in PDF format), detailing how you meet the above criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line Sales Manager plus your name. Please include details of salary expectation.