About the job
- The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
- a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com .
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Test Technician to test, troubleshoot, repair and modify production electronic boards, equipment, and systems by performing the following duties and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities
- Perform test procedures to text complex circuit boards including CPU’s, digital Signal Processors, transmitters and receivers.
- Perform test procedures to validate functionality of sonar systems (ADP) both in production area and in the lake.
- Sets up standard test equipment (oscilloscope, function generator, variable power supplies, frequency counters, and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production systems.
- Collect, log into database, analyze and interpret test data.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Technical Associates degree plus four years of direct work experience or equivalent technical education and experience.
- Solid understanding of analog and digital circuits Test and troubleshooting electronic circuits to the component level and test fixtures.
- Attention to detail is essential
- Must be able to read and write English
- Ability to read Engineering drawing, computer generated drawings, schematics, and sketches
- MS Office (Word, Excel and Access) experience necessary
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels within the organization.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to work in a production environment with occasional off-site testing at the lake.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with moderate overtime requirements.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Mechanical Or Industrial Engineering