The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Test Technician to test, troubleshoot, repair and modify production electronic boards, equipment, and systems by performing the following duties and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities
- Perform test procedures to text complex circuit boards including CPU’s, digital Signal Processors, transmitters and receivers.
- Perform test procedures to validate functionality of sonar systems (ADP) both in production area and in the lake.
- Sets up standard test equipment (oscilloscope, function generator, variable power supplies, frequency counters, and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production systems.
- Collect, log into database, analyze and interpret test data.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Technical Associates degree plus four years of direct work experience or equivalent technical education and experience.
- Solid understanding of analog and digital circuits Test and troubleshooting electronic circuits to the component level and test fixtures.
- Attention to detail is essential
- Must be able to read and write English
- Ability to read Engineering drawing, computer generated drawings, schematics, and sketches
- MS Office (Word, Excel and Access) experience necessary
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels within the organization.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.