Now Hiring: Program Manager – OV Launchpad
September 17, 2021
Position Overview: Ocean Visions is looking for additional talent to join our small but highly effective team working on ocean-based climate solutions. The emphasis of this position will be as a lead on our newly-created Launchpad for the XPRIZE Carbon Removal. In that role the Program Manager will help form and managed teams of experts from across the Ocean Visions Network to provide tailored technical assistance to selected international teams competing for the XPRIZE. The Program Manager will also have other duties throughout the range of the portfolio of Ocean Visions, including leading priority initiatives identified in the OV Technology Roadmaps. We are seeking people very comfortable in a multi-disciplinary environment; selfdirected and self-starting; experienced in working with innovation and helping move from the lab or garage to prototyping, field testing and ultimately commercialization where appropriate; high attention to detail and follow through; and passionate about the environment. This is an opportunity to put your skills to work in helping to reverse the climate crisis.
Training/Skill Set Search Profile
• Training and direct experience with some or various forms of engineering, including environmental engineering, chemical engineering, process engineering, operations engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and ocean engineering
• Capacity to read, synthesize and communicate primary (peer-reviewed articles) and/or secondary (synthesis reports) literature to identify key themes, recent advances, outstanding questions, and remaining gaps in knowledge
• Building and evaluating life cycle analysis
• Building and evaluating techno-economic analysis
• Technical due diligence
• Developing and evaluating technology-to-market plans
Experience Search Profile
• Experience working with, or participating in, an accelerator or incubator or as an startup founder or early key contributor
• Experience working with the maritime sector(s), including, but not limited to: shipping, fishing, offshore oil and gas, marine renewable energy, oceanographic research, naval experience
• Experience administering one or more of the following: prize competitions, requests for proposals, crowdsourcing efforts, pre-competitive collaborations
• Some background and interest in climate and oceans
• Passion for contributing to solving climate change
• Interest in, and willingness, to be a “utility player” on a small team – willing to flexibly work on organizational needs, even those outside core domain of expertise
• Past experience working on a small, ambitious, nimble team
• MS Office Suite
• Data wrangling, analysis, and visualization skills
• Some coding experience preferred
Competitive and dependent on experience level and salary history.
Interested parties are invited to send a concise cover letter outlining your skills and experiences against the above list and a resume. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Program Manager Application in the subject line. Applications will be considered as they arrive, so don’t delay!