More info about this job here –> Robotics Engineer Job Description
Reefgen is looking for a robotics engineer capable of developing and testing devices to assist with restoration efforts of coral reefs and seagrass beds. Reefgen robots operate in nearshore ocean environments, interacting with waves, currents, and fragile environments. In this position, you will help design and build the robotic hardware systems to prepare and plant corals and seagrasses in their natural habitat. We are seeking someone with the ability to build and test robotic systems who can bring multidisciplinary skills to the job. This position will include elements of process design, mechanism design, mechatronics, and some basic electronics and programming.
This is a small company, so responsibilities may vary as we grow, and you may be asked to assist with other tasks as needs arise. This Robotics Engineer position will require you to do the
following, among other items:
● Design underwater hardware including actuators, robot components and handling
devices for living organisms.
● Build and test: Make or source components, build up systems, and test your designs
both in the lab environment and at sea.
● Figure it out: Help identify and create the important parts of the overall project to enable
scaling up the restoration processes for the largest overall impact.
● Travel will be required to operate planting systems at restoration sites domestically and
● Also, because this is a small company, you will have a part to play in defining company
culture and policies. Many resources necessary to do your job will not yet be in place
and you will have to find or create them.
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org