Junior Program Associate, International Ocean Acidification Initiative
Programs · Washington, District of Columbia
Do you love the ocean? Are you ready to be part of a team to strengthen, support, and promote global organizations dedicated to preserving ocean environments around the world? The Ocean Foundation, a DC-based non-profit international community foundation is looking for a Program Associate to join our team!
The position will be a member of our Core Programs and Consulting team and will directly support a number of TOF activities, ranging from addressing ocean change to developing global capacity for ocean science . This position can be based in either Seattle or Washington, DC. Until normal business operations resume per COVID-19 precautions, this position may work remotely.
This position will be responsible for providing programmatic and operational support to TOF Core Programs, including the International Ocean Acidification Initiative, EquiSea, and TOF’s activities in support of the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development. Job responsibilities include operational and logistical support, partnership management, proposal development, and communications. In addition, this position shall support efforts to foster greater diversity, equity and inclusion in the design and execution of all TOF programs.
The Associate’s work will include the procurement and distribution of ocean monitoring equipment to support international capacity development, supporting the design and delivery of technical training workshops on ocean acidification, supporting regular communication with partners, assisting with the planning and delivery of high level policy focused events, assisting with management of the Friends of the UN Decade Fund and Pier-2-Peer Scholarship, and assisting with the growth of EquiSea.
- At least three years work experience in a related field (eg environmental science, operations, logistics)
- This requirement can be waived if the applicant has a bachelor’s and a master’s degree OR a bachelor’s degree and at least one year of related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage detail-oriented workstreams, for example: coordinating projects with many different partners; working on simultaneous projects with agility; handling projects at multiple and varied stages; or handling paperwork or technical filings without error.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, for example: compiling meeting notes and broad syntheses; communicating with a diverse network of partners; or supporting program/project reporting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google products required; experience with Salesforce and Asana a plus; comfort in a Mac environment
- Logistics or operations experience; experience organizing conferences or travel a plus, experience coordinating shipments a plus
- Experience specific to ocean acidification and ocean observing
- Experience in international work in a relevant field
- Multilingual verbal and written skills in English and Spanish