To apply, please send resume and cover letter to TMA President, Michael B. Jones at email@example.com.
Position: Program Manager
Hours: Full-time, salaried position
Location: 4420 Hotel Circle Court, Suite 215 / San Diego, CA 92108 and – upon agreement
– part-time remote
Compensation: Range $55,000 – $60,000 annually based on qualifications, plus $500 monthly
stipend available for medical benefits. Possible annual bonus
Timing: Start as soon as possible
TMA BlueTech (TMA) www.tmabluetech.org was created in 2007. TMA is a 501c6 advocacy-oriented non-profit
that is the organizer of the San Diego maritime technology cluster (essentially a BlueTech industry association). Its
mission is “Promoting Sustainable, Science-Based Ocean and Water Industries” and it is a proud co-founding member
of the BlueTech Cluster Alliance, which is made up of 10 leading BlueTech clusters from 8 countries (Canada, Ireland,
France, Norway, Portugal, Spain, U.K and U.S.A.). In its 14th year, TMA has over 80+ regional/international members.
TMA is looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented, self-starter with strong project management skills. The
primary areas of focus will be event planning (including assistance with trade missions), grant writing,
membership relations, database maintenance, and international collaboration. The candidate may also assist
with TMA Foundation related to workforce development primarily as it relates to TMA member company needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Global Studies, International Affairs, or related field
• Highly motivated self-starter willing to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial professional environment
• 5-8+ years of academic or industry experience preferred and a passion for ocean and water industries
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Collaborative, dependable, ethical, high integrity, and a strong work ethic
• Event planning expertise
• Proficiency with database record keeping, Microsoft Office and online newsletters
• fluency in foreign languages and international living experience is highly valued
• Experience in workforce development is a plus
• Working knowledge of BlueTech sectors and the marine or maritime sectors, also known as the Blue
Economy, is a plus.
• Experience developing and updating websites is a plus
The candidate understands the need to balance conservation and economic development and has a passion for
helping to promote the Circular Economy and a sustainable Blue Economy. We are looking for somebody who enjoys
working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and is motivated to work collaboratively. A working
knowledge of Blue Economy industry sectors is ideal, but we are open to hiring somebody with excellent
communication and listening skills who can learn on the job quickly and would like to help grow the impact of TMA.
The candidate will be evaluated annually on performance in the following areas.
50% Event Coordination
• Assist with event planning, travel and on-site logistics for domestic and international
conferences, seminars, and trade shows with primary on-going focus on monthly BlueTech
Global Connect webinars & annual BlueTech Week.
• Assist with Market Development Cooperator Program (MDCP) from the U.S. Dept. of
Commerce including TMA and mission participant travel and follow-up data accumulation.
• Help select and manage volunteers, when needed (primarily for in-person BlueTech Week).
• Work with Office Manager to coordinate event sponsor invoicing, registration & payments.
20% Membership Relations
• Help manage a growing list of corporate members in San Diego and internationally, including
renewal notices, member info, database record keeping, and member communications.
• Help recruit and on-board new members.
15% National/international outreach
• Assist with U.S. government agencies.
• Assist with TMA Europe, AARC (Atlantic Autonomous Robotics Consortium), BlueTech Cluster
Alliance, and other cluster outreach.
• Assist with U.S. and international ocean and water tech clusters.
10% Grant Writing
• Help prepare grant proposals relevant for TMA and TMAF.
• Work with grant partners.
5% Other (as needed)
Position requires some travel in the region during any given month, with possible out-of-country travel. Must have
a valid California Driver’s License and access to a reliable personal vehicle. Must be able to lift 20 pounds.