The Sensors Manager plays a key role supporting Saildrone’s mission preparation, successful mission execution and post-mission completion.
- Configure and ensure quality control of sensors via our Assembly Station or Golden Drone Apps.
- Manage full life-cycle (pre-install, mission, post-mission) Sensors (both Saildrone’s and Customer-provided including CO2 and Radiometers).
- Monitor and action on alerts during readiness processing.
- Manage Sonar equipment including technical administration, data management, customer communications for calibrations (including hands-on calibration of sonars at HQ and/or deployment location)
- WBT Mini, DT800, E20
- Pre-mission customer communications for configuration requests and mission plans.
- Interface with Customers at mission calls and meetings to answer questions
- Uploading configuration (“mission plans”) to sensors
- Spatula of raw data after sea trial and after missions
- Offload and Analyze data (Sea Trials and Missions) to validate readiness and troubleshooting in partnership with our engineering team
- Assist with staging drones in lot, in water, during sea trials
- Monitoring sensor data quality and sensor functionality during missions
- Met/Oc package (Wind, ATRH, CTD, Fluoro, .5m temp, etc. + unique sensors – CO2, Radiometers)
- Data Management – ADCP, Sonar data, Argus, Radar
- Troubleshooting, communicating with Mission Management & Engineering, escalating sensor malfunctions
- Customer communication during service outages
- Partner with Business Development, Legal and VP Ops for communication and strategy of critical service outages
- Sending customer post calibration certificates
- Off boarding isolated sensor data
- Significant experience with Sensor Equipment (as described above)
- Technical/Analytical mindset
- Highly detailed/organized
- Linux command line usage
- Basic computer programming ability or interest, including Python programming/scripting
- Familiarity with serial communication
Location: This position is in Alameda, CA. Only candidates with proper permits to work in the United States can be considered. Our waterfront office offers beautiful views of San Francisco Bay in always sunny Alameda. Even our walls have good karma, our offices mix software development with a hardware production line in the former airplane hangar used to film ‘The Matrix’.
- Medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents.
- Active sailing classes: become a certified skipper on boats up to 35ft! (once COVID safety allows)
- Short and relaxing ferry ride from the Ferry Building for SF residents
- Enhanced paternity / maternity programs
- Competitive benefits including excellent medical, discounted gym, life insurance, 401k plan
Catch up on the latest news about us:
- Saildrones are mapping the oceans (CNET May 2021)
- Gulfstream (April 2021)
- Saildrone Surveyor Launch (Jan 2021)
- Four autonomous vessels sailed the Arctic to more precisely map its seafloor(Oct 2020)
- Coast Guard Begins At-Sea Testing of Unmanned Surface Vehicles to Tackle Illegal Fishing, Crime (Oct 2020)
- Five Ways Saildrone’s ‘Satellites Of The Seas’ Could Transform Mauritius Oil Spill Response (Sept 2020)
- Due to COVID-19, NOAA Uses Drones Instead of Ships for Fishery Survey (June 2020)
- Or watch some of our videos: Bloomberg: The Robots Roaming the High Seas