About Ocean Aero:
Ocean Aero is an award-winning US company that has created the world’s first and only environmentally powered Autonomous Underwater and Surface Vehicle (AUSV.) Ocean Aero’s autonomous marine robot, the Triton, operates exclusively on wind and solar energy and performs long endurance missions on the ocean surface with the ability to dive below the waves for underwater operations. The Triton uses a complex array of custom-built sensors, marinized electronics and software systems to operate, sense and communicate in the environment.
The Field Application Engineer will be responsible for testing, supporting, troubleshooting, and demonstrating the Triton. He or she will provide customer support and training for new and existing customers both in house and in the field.
The Field Application Engineer will coordinate vehicle repairs, upgrades, and execution of test procedures in new and existing vehicles. Performs pre-mission tasks (vehicle mission programming, vehicle checkout). Be able to recognize when something is out of spec and have a good grasp on what to do if things do not go right, as well as perform post mission data download and analysis
The Field Application Engineer will be working alongside a team of creative engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds and skills. Ocean Aero has a collaborative culture with plenty of opportunities for growth and ownership. As an early member of the team, you will take ownership of the product and your actions will directly contribute to the success of the company. This role will report to the Director of Commercial Operations for Ocean Aero.
- Documents test results with appropriate information in a complete manner and communicate to all required.
- Reads and interprets specific test procedures to properly perform and document test results.
- Performs all job responsibilities in support of Product Quality Standards.
- Communicates all design problems and “bugs” to the correct areas within the organization.
- Have routine computer skills
- Must be able to work in the field unsupervised.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical, Electrical or related field.
- Excellent cross-department communication skills.
- Ability to think independently about creative solutions to design problems.
- Experience with sailing a plus.
- Team player, with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Travel: Local sea/boat testing at 25-40%, customer-site training is as required at 1-2 weeks per trip
- US Government position. US Citizenship required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
- Relevant experience in unmanned or autonomous systems.
- M.S. in Engineering Management or other related Program Management certificates.
- Understanding of software development environments and common software languages.
- Ability to review and understand electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.