Teledyne Marine is a group of leading-edge undersea technology companies that have been assembled by Teledyne Technologies Incorporated. Through acquisitions and collaboration, over the past 10 years Teledyne Marine has evolved into an industry powerhouse, bringing the best of the best together under a single umbrella. With technologies divided into 5 core segments; Imaging, Instruments, Interconnect, Seismic and Vehicles, Teledyne Marine sales staff can address not only brand level solutions, but turn-key, customized systems that leverage our full range of technology. Our goal is to provide one-stop purchasing capability, world-wide customer support, and the technical expertise to solve our customer’s toughest challenges. A Sea of Solutions…..One Supplier.
For more information, visit our website at www.teledynemarine.com.
What Teledyne can offer YOU!
A Competitive Salary, Incentive and Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision effective on Day 1
Paid Time Off – Vacation, Sick and Holiday
Life Insurance and Supplmental Insurance
401(k) with company matching contribution
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Plus much more!
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Technical Sales Manager serves customers by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and/or services within a region and/or market segment. The primary role of the Technical Sales Manager is to work together with the company’s marketing and product development teams to ensure that the products we offer meet the needs of the customers in order to capture a sale. The Technical Sales Manager has a strong awareness of the Teledyne Marine product offerings and applications to be able to sell the proper solution to the customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drive sales to meet booking and revenues targets via direct and indirect sales activities with a heavy focus on the Gulf of Mexico for Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) products.
- Promotion of but not limited to Doppler Velocity Logs (DVLs), Ultra Short Baseline Systems(USBL), Inertial Navigation Systems (INS), Subsea Pipe & Cable Tracking Systems, and Ship Navigation Systems.
- Interests the client in purchasing products, negotiates a price, and completes the sale, which includes preparing standard quotations, following-up for sale capture, etc.
- Establishes new accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Actively manage the channels to ensure they are fully engaged, optimized and driven to succeed.
- Participate in developing and implementing regional sale strategy including plans and programs to maximize market penetration of product line including new market entry, both direct and through channel partners.
- Arrange and hold technical seminars, product presentations and customer demonstrations both direct and through channel partners
- Understands customer requirements and suggests appropriate sensor and platform integrations and solutions.
- Helps to build and maintain a library of application notes for the product line.
- Forecast sales volume, process sales orders, maintains the sales and customer contact databases.
- Responsible for ensuring that the pricing and discount policy is adhered to and maintained within the authorized limits.
- Discover Teledyne non-standard sales opportunities and participate in the selling process in collaboration with product management.
- Remain informed of competitor status, products, advantages and weaknesses.
- Plans and performs technical pre-sales field demonstrations.
- Assists in the definition of technical and application scope for new product programs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
This position has no supervisor responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or related field and five (5) years of technical sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sales experience within market segment/industry required, specifically energy market.
- The ability to successfully complete a strategic selling course (Action Selling, Miller Heiman or equivalent).
- Excellent English oral and written language skills.
- Proven problem solving capabilities and resourcefulness.
- Up to 50% travel with ability to conduct business independently and professionally both domestically and internationally throughout sales territory.
- Ability to perform product demonstrations and technical training.
- MS Office and CRM skills, preferably Salesforce.